Low perfomance in games after a power failure!! Help me please!!!

nebullae

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Heys guys here is the big problem.

My PC is a real good PC but something is really wrong with it. I got a lightning near my home, then we got out of energy in the house, when the energy came back the problem started. I'm having some big lag problems, low performance in my pc.

It turns on perfectly, I can use it to surf the web or even watch movies.. but when I'm playing the problem starts, lags, when my character is alone in game no problem but when the enemies comes it starts to lag!

Here is my pc config:
Intel Core i7 870 - 2.93Ghz
Memory 8GB Corsair XMS DDR3
video Zotac GTX 480 1.5GB ram
Power supply Seventeam 650w

I tried using the 3dmark, 3dmark vantage, performance test etc and the score is always low... specially the CPU score, like, the GPU score is 80% of the right score, but the CPU score is 30% max of the right score!

Another important thing, something like a month ago my power supply freaked out and I got a spark caming out of it.

So please help me.. what is the problem???? Video card? Memory??? Processor????

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
From what you stated, I would start by Checking your PSU. Do you have a spare PSU you could try in your pc? When a PSU goes, it can take other parts with it by emitting voltage spikes, etc. Can you download, install and run CPUZ to ensure that your cpu is not being undervolted? This really isn't my strongest area, just trying to help!

nebullae

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Wow my gosh...

I changed the PSU right now. I got a Corsair TX650.

The problem still persists... I can use the PC normally but the performance on games or 3DMark is just horrible.

What I do??? What could be the problem??? please help me!

Kari

Splendid
make sure the cpu is running at correct settings, ie right speed.
cpu-z will tell you stuff...
the bios might have gone into some sort of safe mode because of the black out and dropped the clocks down a lot...

nebullae

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012
Hi guys I think I found something.

I was testing my CPU using the Wprime software. I got some real low score. Since my processor is Intel Core i7 870 - 2.93Ghz it should be a low time.. but look at my results:

32M - 37.452 sec
1024M - 1182.837 sec

So what this would mean? Processor error? Motherboard? Memory?

I runned MEMTEST86 and it found just 1 error.

kelthic

Honorable
Feb 28, 2012
any error in Memtest is usually a problem. Can you run a couple passes of memtest with only 1 stick in the first slot? if that passes, switch sticks out and run again. Continue until all of them pass or 1 (or more) of them fails. could signal a bad ram stick.