Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO
CPU: AMD FX 4100 3.6 Ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8MB 1600Hz
Graphics: EVGA GTX 560 1GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200 RPM 1TB
Drive: Sony BlueRay/DVD RW-R
Power: XION 850W Modular
Case: MSI Raptor

After everything was connected to the mother board and to the power supply, I connected the sytem to power and tried to power on. None of my case fans, cpu fan, or Graphics Card Fan started up. At first I thought there was no power running to the system but when I checked the motherboard the power LED was illuminated indicating that there was power to the motherboard. All devices that are connected to the power supply by modular cabling are not powering on, to include the BD drive, HDD, Graphics Card, and Case Fans. My motherboard flashes LED lights when there is an issue with a specific device but there are no flashing LEDs when I power on, nor do I hear any beeping noises. I am not sure if this is an issue with my modular cabling or if it is an issue with the motherboard. This is my first build so I'm learning as I go here and the videos I've watched and instructions I've read indicate that everything is hooked up correctly. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice on troubleshooting this problem.

Thank you in advance.

More about : time build power

May 13, 2012 1:58:34 AM

It might be grounding out make sure you dont have any standoffs under the motherboard where there arent screw holes the next thing to check is power switch connectors and if you sure thats not it the power supply might be faulty because the fans and everything would come on.
m
l
!