PCI Graphics Card

rhynorater

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
Is it possible to run 3 monitors if you buy a PCI graphics card and put it into a computer with a graphics card already? My main Graphics card has 2 ports and the PCI one has 1. Anyone know how to do this?

DM186

Splendid
First off you need to post your PC's spec's. Now if your PC has a PCIe x 16 slot and your PSU is strong enough and you buy the right card. It is possible to run 3 monitors off of one card.

But I think you have an integrated GPU that you are talking about. But I don't know what you mean by my PCI has 1? You will not be able to run 3 monitors off of an intergrated GPU.

If you say you have a GPU already in the PCIe x 16 slot and has one out put. There is no way you can do that. This is why we ask for the spec's. So we can know for sure what you have.

If you get a Nvidia card you will need two of them to do what you want. The AMD card with the proper stuff you can run 3 monitors off of the one card. Please reposte and we will be able to help you better.

rhynorater

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
I have a 500w power supply unit and I am already running an AMD radeon 6450, this GPU has 3 ports, but can only support 2 monitors (No eyefinity). So I purchased a simple PCI slot graphics card from a pile of old GPU's at a store. It fits into the same slot say a wireless card would go in. Is it then possible to run 3 monitors?

I'm sorry if I am not being specific enough, I don't know my hardware terminology.

Thanks for your help

DM186

Splendid

rhynorater

Honorable
Feb 29, 2012
GREAT! But I have one problem, my device manager says teh graphics card is a "Standard VGA graphics adapter", but it has the little caution sign and when I look at the properties it says this "This device cannot start. (Code 10)". I already tried re-installing the drivers. But nothing worked. Any ideas?