Static on screen while gaming on amd 6570

gavinmac18

Honorable
Mar 2, 2012
Whenever I load a game, static (like static you would see on old televisions) appears on my screen. It also appeared at windows start up. This problem just started occurring today and i have had my card for only 4 days. I am not overclocking the card or anything and I made sure the VGA cable was secure in the port. I am guessing that it is a graphics card problem because I never saw this when I used the on board graphics. Has anyone ever seen this before and can tell me what is wrong, thanks.

jlzhisname

Distinguished
May 3, 2010
Static displayed on HDMI out for 6-7 seconds on boot or wakeup from HD 6570 Cards...

This actually started happening to me as well. I purchased (2) different Radeon Cards: ASUS and MSI (because I thought the 1st one was failing when I saw the problem). Both are LP 2GB cards and I am getting static on the screen on windows startup for approximately 6-7 seconds until it is able to display the desktop correctly. It also occurs when the machine is woken up from sleep.

This never occurred when I was using the onboard video (HDMI) from my ASROCK H77M-ITX. At this point I figure I have some setting wrong in windows or ATI control panel but i have no idea what it could be. I have built 100s of these machines before and have never seen this. I have even checked BIOS settings to make sure the onboard video is disabled.

My setup:
MB: ASROCK H77M-ITX
TV: Panasonic TC-P58V10 58" Plasma TV
HR: ONKYO TX-NR717
VC: ASUS HD 6570/ MSI HD 6570

Anyone have any suggestions?! Thanks in advance guys!