WEIRD errors happening

circulate

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
So I'm not sure exactly how to describe what is happening. I built this computer myself. (Don't think listing the parts is necessary for this problem/solution)

Basically, I'll be browsing the net, or even just doing homework on word or excel, and the computer will start to act funky. First it will freeze, from 5 - 30 seconds, mouse doesn't move, can't ctrl alt dlt, can't alt f4, nothin. When things snap back out of freeze mode, sometimes the mouse icon gets all funky, like normally if a hyperlink is hovered over it turns into a hand right? well it'll be a I cursor or it might be an old school looking hand that's all 8 bit.

It will freeze again, and usually the 2nd time it wont come undone and I usually reset my computer at this point.

What the HECK is going on folks?

We need the full specs of your system, yes it is necessary. Including your OS, and BIOS version.

Have you checked to make sure the computer isn't overheating?

Have you checked to make sure you don't have a virus?

Has the computer been having this problem since day one?

Etc...

circulate

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2011
Windows 7 home premium
6.1.7601 service pack 1 build 7601
x64
i52500k
BIOS version/date American Megatrends Inc. v1.11, 4/14/2011
SMBIOS version 2.7
8gigs ddr3
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560ti

System temps are fine.

I just have spybot and avg are those sufficient? I also have cc cleaner.

Computer has not been having this specific problem since day 1, been up about a year now, various little problems have come and gone, this one has stuck for 2 months now.