Last response: in Components
August 27, 2012 12:27:34 AM

i3-2120
hd 7750
motherboard h61 chipset
thermaltake v3
kingston 4gb ram
320gb wd caviar blue

Which psu is better from this two. I think they both are enough for this pc, but if i want to put i5 or i7 and some better graphic card which is better ?

1. Chieftec iArena GPA-500S 500W
2. Fortron 60APN 85+ 400W

More about : psu

a c 254 ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 12:55:15 AM

Avoid both. If you can go with Corsair, Seasonic, PC Power and Cooling, XFX, Silverstone, Enermax, OCZ or Antec.

A 500-550w power supply from any of those manufacturers will be enough for any future upgrades as long as you only plan on running a single graphics card.

If those are the only 2 models available to you get the Chieftec. It's actually made by CWT and should be decent. CWT actually makes most of Corsair's power supplies. It's a lower end model though.
a b ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 12:59:32 AM

both brands are usually unreviewed due to not having a large presence in the U.S because they arent the best of manufacturers
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a c 87 ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 3:45:11 PM

The 80+ version of the FSP actually has been reviewed:
http://www.anandtech.com/show/6013/350450w-roundup-11-c...
http://www.sweclockers.com/recension/12226-nataggregat-...
Where the 85+ version is the same just with an efficiency boost, I don't know, but I think that is quite likely to be the case.

The CWT build Chieftec is not something I'd go for based on the fact that it uses JunFu capacitors. While the Capxons used in the FSP aren't the best in the world, they are better than JunFu. The FSP also uses Teapos, which is quite good for a budget unit.

So my vote is for the FSP unit.
a b ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 4:04:40 PM

Silvune said:
Where the 85+ version is the same just with an efficiency boost, I don't know, but I think that is quite likely to be the case.

Quite likely.

There aren't many horrible PSUs with genuine 80+ Bronze certification so I would be surprised if a 80+ Bronze model with almost-Silver performance would turn out to be bad.
!