Solved

Graphics card for a dell inspiron 530

Hello,
I want to update my graphics card so i can play sims 3.
dell inspiron 530
intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 450 @2.20GHz 2.19GHz
ram 2.0gb
i currently have intel G33/G31 express chipset family
16 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about graphics card dell inspiron
  1. http://www.newegg.com/Product/ProductList.aspx?Submit=Property&N=100007709&IsNodeId=1&PropertyCodeValue=4195%3A30408%2C696%3A9641%2C696%3A53938%2C696%3A33099&bop=And&Order=PRICE&PageSize=20&Page=1

Here's a list. You need to take into consideration your 250W PSU (most cards say their minimum recommended wattage). If you need more help choosing a card just let me know. (if you do please post your budget)
  2. I would like to not spend over $150
  3. Actually, I'm not so sure you need a slim card. Is your case normal or slim size? Can you get me a model number?
  4. the case is normal i dont know how to find the model number
  5. that is written on the case at right side check it.
  6. on the bottom of the case it says reg model DCMF is that it?
  7. yes it says that you have an dell inspiron 530
  8. I looked up sims 3 requirements and that card says it will "maybe" run on 6 out of 10 of the expansion/stuff packs so is there another card that will work with my computer?

edit: I have all expansion/stuff packs
  9. photoeditspro said:
    I looked up sims 3 requirements and that card says it will "maybe" run on 6 out of 10 of the expansion/stuff packs so is there another card that will work with my computer?

You have a 300W power supply. That alone puts a huge limit on what cards you can use, not to mention you only have a PCIe x16 slot as opposed to a PCIe (2)(2.1)or(3) x16 which will bottleneck the card. My GF runs Sims 3 on her laptop, which has an integrated card, with all but Pets installed, and thought it doesn't run great, it runs well enough to be used. I think you'll be fine. However, you can try waiting for someone else to come along if you're unhappy with my recommendation.
  10. oh i see your point. I thought i would have to buy a new power supply along with a new graphics card. I have everything including Showtime installed except for pets since my current graphics card makes the pets look horrible. Maybe i should have put i am willing to buy a new power supply at the beginning of my post. I know nothing about computers and i don't want to buy something that isn't going to work for my computer the only reason i want to upgrade my graphics card is so i can play pets
  11. Best answer
  12. Thank you very much for the help that is what i am going with
  13. Best answer selected by photoeditspro.
  14. ok goodluck have a good day.:)thanks for the vote.:)
  15. jdog2pt0 said:
    photoeditspro said:
    I looked up sims 3 requirements and that card says it will "maybe" run on 6 out of 10 of the expansion/stuff packs so is there another card that will work with my computer?

You have a 300W power supply. That alone puts a huge limit on what cards you can use, not to mention you only have a PCIe x16 slot as opposed to a PCIe (2)(2.1)or(3) x16 which will bottleneck the card. My GF runs Sims 3 on her laptop, which has an integrated card, with all but Pets installed, and thought it doesn't run great, it runs well enough to be used. I think you'll be fine. However, you can try waiting for someone else to come along if you're unhappy with my recommendation.
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Dell Inspiron Intel Graphics Product