Can this pc run WoW on ultra with a minimum of 60fps?

1. Don't buy a prebuilt one. You get so much more satisfaction from making one yourself. Its really not that hard; I had no knowledge of computers before I made mine, and now my plan is to go and study it in college.

2. Stay away from the AMD FX-processors, as they are nice, but WoW I believe is more of a CPU intensive game, so something like an Intel Core i5-2400 or 2500. They are not good value either.

3. You can make something so much cheaper that will play LoL at 60fps its rather insane.

How is something with that specs $919?

Stephen904

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

Where could i buy the parts and can you maybe recommend a pre-built one because i have no idea what to do when building a computer whatsoever, I can't go past $1200 but i just want to be able to run WoW on ultra minimum of 60FPS and maybe Modern Warfare 3 at at least high and good FPS.

RoY_26

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2011
Build your own and take in consider also your screen will count at the time to be runing the game since you need a high refresh rate while you are in a very crowded area... i can throw 120 fps at open areas but when it comes to SW or Ogrimar... it drops to 30 and it doesnt go up. I have a HDD and a single GPU but usually i can refresh 85Hz with vsync ( the limit of my screen ) and 120 without it.

Take this in consider more shader processors ( for ati ) Or cuda cores ( for nvidia ) will improve the performance. ( Biger textures and higher resolution = more Vram consumption )

FX processors has a cap with ddr3 if i recall correctly the max is 1600Mhz

And yeah with that you can play wow on ultra but you will want to run more games on ultra and with that money you can get a lil more...

PS: Maybe i dont write so clear so if didnt say it properly point it out please.

Yeah with 1200 you can play i bet any game on ultra... Intel has the advantage of triple channel But for wow.. An 8120 will be more than enought ... try to check benchmarks ... If you arent in hurry you can wait for Ivy Bridge and see how it performs...

I'd go with i5 2500k for WoW. The difference between 3.3 GHz and 4.3 GHz is around 15-20 fps for me! Anyway, you should take your time and study computer parts for at least one week, and then I'm 100% you'll be experienced enough to build it. It's very easy!

Chaz21

Honorable
Mar 6, 2012

If you specified the parts used on the computer you referenced then you are certainly able to BYO. Picking the parts is more than half the job (and for some of us most of the fun). Between Tom's and youtube you'll get plenty of help. It really is enjoyable and worth it. I haven't bought a pre-built since the Commodore. If you live anywhere near a Micro Center that would be the place to shop for parts. If not there's Newegg, Tiger, Fry's and countless other sites that will sell you whatever you need. Your budget is more than enough to accomplish your goal easily. Intel or AMD the choice is yours but Intel is the smart move at the moment. I really can't recommend a pre-built but maybe you should look at some of the "bare-bones" setups offered on the sites I've mentioned as a easy way to get started. Do your homework and you'll be fine. Good Luck to you.