Motherboard: ASUS M5A97 EVO
CPU: AMD FX 4100 3.6 Ghz
RAM: Corsair Vengeance 8MB 1600Hz
Graphics: EVGA GTX 560 1GB
HDD: Western Digital Caviar Blue 7200 RPM 1TB
Drive: Sony Blue Ray/DVD RW-R
Power: XION 850W Modular
Case: MSI Raptor

After everything was connected to the mother board and to the power supply, I connected the system to power and tried to power on. None of my case fans, cpu fan, or Graphics Card Fan started up. At first I thought there was no power running to the system but when I checked the motherboard the power LED was illuminated indicating that there was power to the motherboard. All devices that are connected to the power supply by modular cabling are not powering on, to include the BD drive, HDD, Graphics Card, and Case Fans. My motherboard flashes LED lights when there is an issue with a specific device but there are no flashing LEDs when I power on, nor do I hear any beeping noises. I am not sure if this is an issue with my modular cabling or if it is an issue with the motherboard. This is my first build so I'm learning as I go here and the videos I've watched and instructions I've read indicate that everything is hooked up correctly. I would greatly appreciate any and all advice on troubleshooting this problem.

Thank you in advance.

More about : time build power

May 10, 2012 5:16:36 AM

make sure your case connectors are pluged in right on the MB. take a screw driver or a key and jump the 2 pins for the power switch. if it turns on then you have the wires pluged in wrong. if it does not turn on then check all your wiring again.

did you use risers when installing the MB so its not touching the case? if the back of hte MB is touching the metal of the case it will short out and not turn on.
m
l
a c 331 V Motherboard
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2012 5:19:30 AM

Anything on the screen?
m
l
Related resources
a c 331 V Motherboard
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2012 5:27:16 AM

Make sure the correct 8pin is plugged in the mobo, the +12 volt power cable.

It should fit in smoothly.
m
l
a b V Motherboard
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2012 5:34:55 AM

Make sure you have the most recent BIOS that supports FX series CPU's. If you don't have at least version 0813 your system may not support the CPU. See if you can get it to boot with a Phenom II or an Athlon II (Socket AM3) CPU.
m
l