6230 Latest Software Version

Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

Having the common problem of the phone kicking me back when trying to setup
caller groups. What is the latest s/ware version?

And is there a reliable page these days that keeps up-to-date info for Nokia
software revisions? I did have one bookmarked but it seems to have gone
down.

Thanks
Steve
More about 6230 latest software version
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    "Netman ®" <newsgroup@SPAMTRAPsvaw.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Having the common problem of the phone kicking me back when trying to
    setup
    > caller groups. What is the latest s/ware version?
    >
    > And is there a reliable page these days that keeps up-to-date info for
    Nokia
    > software revisions? I did have one bookmarked but it seems to have gone
    > down.
    >
    > Thanks
    > Steve
    > --

    Latest is 3.15 (although there are rumours of a later one). Have you tried a
    factory reset?..this clears the caller groups problem (usually)
  2. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    How do I find what SW version my phone have?
    Thanx
    Martini.
    --

    "Alistair" <forget_it> skrev i melding

    > "Netman ®" <newsgroup@SPAMTRAPsvaw.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > Having the common problem of the phone kicking me back when trying to
    > setup
    > > caller groups. What is the latest s/ware version?
    > >
    > > And is there a reliable page these days that keeps up-to-date info for
    > Nokia
    > > software revisions? I did have one bookmarked but it seems to have gone
    > > down.
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > > Steve
    > > --
    > >

    > Latest is 3.15 (although there are rumours of a later one). Have you tried
    > factory reset?..this clears the caller groups problem (usually)

  3. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    *#0000#

    --
    Henk van Loosbroek. ICQ: 50931463
    My firmware:

    "Martini" <morten.loe@c2i.net> schreef in bericht
    > How do I find what SW version my phone have?
    > Thanx
    > Martini.
    > --
    >
    > "Alistair" <forget_it> skrev i melding
    > >
    > > "Netman ®" <newsgroup@SPAMTRAPsvaw.co.uk> wrote in message
    > > > Having the common problem of the phone kicking me back when trying to
    > > setup
    > > > caller groups. What is the latest s/ware version?
    > > >
    > > > And is there a reliable page these days that keeps up-to-date info for
    > > Nokia
    > > > software revisions? I did have one bookmarked but it seems to have
    gone
    > > > down.
    > > >
    > > > Thanks
    > > > Steve
    > > > --
    > > >

    > > Latest is 3.15 (although there are rumours of a later one). Have you
    tried
    > > factory reset?..this clears the caller groups problem (usually)

    ---

    this is a bit off topic but have do you have the following issues with
    your 6230. i just got one and am trying to find out some information.
    BTW mine is running 3.15 software and everything seem to work so far.
    my 2 issues are with its display.

    1. there is no display brightness setting. is this correct or couldnt i
    find it? i know u can change the contrast of the background picture,
    but you cant change the brightness of anything. my previous nokias you
    could. does anyone know why this was left out, or ifs its there where
    is it located???

    2. When receiving calls in previous nokias the background wallpaper
    would disappear and a white background would appear with the callers
    id, or private number being displayed. this is not the case with the
    6230. you still get that information HOWEVER the wallpaper stays, and
    depending on what picture you have it can be very difficult to see who
    is calling. Is this generic? is there a setting to stop this? as its
    pissing me off.

    Pls let me if these 2 things are able to be changed.

    Thanks

    Peter

    --
    kekes
    http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread: http://cellphoneforums.net/t121687.html

    "Martini" <morten.loe@c2i.net> wrote in message news:1084524410.161643@gurney...
    > How do I find what SW version my phone have?
    > Thanx
    > Martini.
    <snip top post>

    *#0000#
    Nokia firmware lists at:
    http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/firmware.htm

    6230
    http://www.mwiacek.com/gsm/firmware/dct4_56.htm#6230

    Steve Terry

    "kekes" <kekes.168wf3@nospam.cellphoneforums.net> wrote in message

    > this is a bit off topic but have do you have the following issues with
    > your 6230. i just got one and am trying to find out some information.
    > BTW mine is running 3.15 software and everything seem to work so far.
    > my 2 issues are with its display.
    >
    > 1. there is no display brightness setting. is this correct or couldnt i
    > find it? i know u can change the contrast of the background picture,
    > but you cant change the brightness of anything. my previous nokias you
    > could. does anyone know why this was left out, or ifs its there where
    > is it located???
    >
    > 2. When receiving calls in previous nokias the background wallpaper
    > would disappear and a white background would appear with the callers
    > id, or private number being displayed. this is not the case with the
    > 6230. you still get that information HOWEVER the wallpaper stays, and
    > depending on what picture you have it can be very difficult to see who
    > is calling. Is this generic? is there a setting to stop this? as its
    > pissing me off.
    >
    > Pls let me if these 2 things are able to be changed.
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Peter
    >

    > --
    > kekes
    > http://cellphoneforums.netView this thread:
    http://cellphoneforums.net/t121687.html

    sorry, but you're stuck with both of those problems.
  7. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nokia,uk.telecom.mobile (More info?)

    Hi....a bit off topic, but.....you people seem to know a bit about the
    6230.....I'm having problems getting the 6230 to sync with my Outlook
    2002 on my Win 98 SE laptop.
    Keep getting error message on screen of phone:
    "SyncML Server information.

    The SyncML Server was unable to send a complete SyncML Package to the
    SyncML Client.

    Possible Solution

    Check the connection between the SyncML Client and the SyncML Server,
    then restart Synchronisation."

    Any suggestions?
    Thanks....

    well here's an idea,
    afaik, you have caller picture ID, ie a pic of the caller comes up if
    assigned for that caller. How about assigning all callers a white background
    bmp

    just a thought

    "god" <devil@heaven.com> wrote in message
    > well here's an idea,
    > afaik, you have caller picture ID, ie a pic of the caller comes up if
    > assigned for that caller. How about assigning all callers a white
    background
    > bmp
    >
    > just a thought

    nope, no good, as the picture that comes up is a small image in the bottom
    right of the screen. the callers name is still in the same place and cannot
    be seen through the wallpaper

    d'oh

    I haven't got the phone as yet, kinda waiting on new firmware, and also
    kinda too busy

    > "god" <devil@heaven.com> wrote in message
    > > well here's an idea,
    > > afaik, you have caller picture ID, ie a pic of the caller comes up if
    > > assigned for that caller. How about assigning all callers a white
    > background
    > > bmp
    > >
    > > just a thought
    > >

    > nope, no good, as the picture that comes up is a small image in the bottom
    > right of the screen. the callers name is still in the same place and
    cannot
    > be seen through the wallpaper

Nokia Mobile Software