Sign in with
Your question
Closed

NZXT M59 Sidepanel on Rosewill Challenger

Last response: in Components
August 27, 2012 4:55:06 AM

Hello all, I've read recently that the NZXT M59 has a windowed side panel(that I very much want for my PC) that can fit on the Rosewill Challenger!

First: Does it?

Second: If so, where can I purchase it?

Thanks
a c 80 ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 5:29:21 AM

Where exactly did ou read that? The only place that I can think of that would sell parts of the case would be the NZXT web site.
You don't really have to get the side panel , all you have to do is customize your case by cutting out the metal of the side panel to the size you want and pytting a pane of plexi glass in its place. I did the same thing on my case where I wanted a full size window instead of the small thing that the case came with. I have the CM HAF-X and it had a 200mm fan in the side panel. So I removed the fan and cut out the metal where the fan was and bought a piece of plexi glass that was the size of the side panel and placed it inside in the panel and secured it with double sided tape. If you look at a picture of a regular HAF-X and then my modification you will see what you can do for about $20.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

Score
August 27, 2012 5:49:48 AM

inzone said:
Where exactly did ou read that? The only place that I can think of that would sell parts of the case would be the NZXT web site.
You don't really have to get the side panel , all you have to do is customize your case by cutting out the metal of the side panel to the size you want and pytting a pane of plexi glass in its place. I did the same thing on my case where I wanted a full size window instead of the small thing that the case came with. I have the CM HAF-X and it had a 200mm fan in the side panel. So I removed the fan and cut out the metal where the fan was and bought a piece of plexi glass that was the size of the side panel and placed it inside in the panel and secured it with double sided tape. If you look at a picture of a regular HAF-X and then my modification you will see what you can do for about $20.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

]http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/4640/008bf.th.jpg

Overclockers.com or whatever:p  and the side panel costs about 20 bucks
Score
Related resources
a c 111 ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 5:55:50 AM

You can get acryllic sheets for like $2-5, get a dremel, some sandpaper (different grits, from rough to fine) and a jigsaw/hacksaw, drill, and some rivets and a rivet gun. Can be easily done for under $7 assuming you already have the tools.
Score
August 27, 2012 5:58:49 AM

amuffin said:
You can get acryllic sheets for like $2-5, get a dremel, some sandpaper (different grits, from rough to fine) and a jigsaw/hacksaw, drill, and some rivets and a rivet gun. Can be easily done for under $7 assuming you already have the tools.

My dad has been a mechanic/handyman for over 30 years so I have many MANY tools. Those all seem accessible at this point, where can I grab an acrylic sheet from? online or in store?
Score

Best solution

a c 111 ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 6:06:29 AM

I'd say a hardware store such as home depot will be the best option!
August 27, 2012 6:12:02 AM

Best answer selected by Akros.
Score
August 27, 2012 6:38:33 AM

amuffin said:
I'd say a hardware store such as home depot will be the best option!

Do you know where I can get some U channel? the shipping from the mod websites is waaaaay to expensive!
Score
a b ) Power supply
August 27, 2012 9:50:50 AM

This topic has been closed by Mousemonkey
Score
!