Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question
Solved

BSOD

Last response: in Systems
Share
May 10, 2012 7:42:56 AM

I haven't been here in a while and I didn't know if this was the Right Thread because I can't really Figure out why my comp is BSOD. Whenever I try to render videos or work on photos my comp will BSOD 0x000000124. I Thought it was the Video Card and recently upgraded from on board to a PCIe Card. I'm really out of the loop tech wise and alot of my old skills are gone. Any and all help will be most definitely appreciated. I'm running windows 7 Ultimate with the below Build and HDMI to my Screen. I thought about running a Mem test but IDK where to get one anymore. Thanks in advance!!!!

AMD Phenom 9600 Agena 2.3GHz 4 x 512KB L2 Cache 2MB L3 Cache Socket AM2+ 95W

ECS BLACK SERIES A780GM-A AM2+/AM2 AMD 780G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard - Retail

OCZ 4GB (2 x 2GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 1066 (PC2 8500) Dual Channel

SAMSUNG Spinpoint F1 HD103UJ 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s 3.5\\\\\\\" Internal Hard Drive - OEM

1 LG DVD Rom

Thermaltake 600 Watt

Recently Added EVGA GeForce GT520 2048MB

More about : bsod

a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2012 12:25:13 PM


things to do:

make sure you have the latest MB Bios.
down load the latest nvidia drivers.
download the latest MB chipset drivers
update the drivers
Run Memtest86
http://www.memtest86.com/download.html
m
0
l
May 10, 2012 10:25:47 PM

Mem Test Passed All Drivers are Updated MB Bios is up to Date Still crashing During Video Render
m
0
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
a b B Homebuilt system
May 11, 2012 7:55:17 AM

lwidas said:
Mem Test Passed All Drivers are Updated MB Bios is up to Date Still crashing During Video Render


Stop 0x124 - what it means and what to try
Synopsis:

A "stop 0x124" is fundamentally different to many other types of bluescreens because it stems from a hardware complaint. Stop 0x124 minidumps contain very little practical information, and it is therefore necessary to approach the problem as a case of hardware in an unknown state of distress.

try these steps. you may want to post in that forum for help.
http://www.sevenforums.com/crash-lockup-debug-how/35349...
m
0
l
May 11, 2012 9:49:40 PM

Okay So Heat is Not an Issue Comp Never Gets above 60 C. Everything is Updated and Has the Newest of the New Drivers and Chipset and Bios. I decided to Run Prime and Less than a Min into running the Computer BSODs Same 0x124. Prime was a Small FFTs. I'm going to Perform a Vanilla Install of Win 7 Next But can't Do it at the Moment. Is there anyway I can Narrow it Down any More to Processor or Anything Else I can do? I'm hopping it's Just a Win 7 Glitch but I Fear it may be the MB or the Processor.
m
0
l
a b B Homebuilt system
May 12, 2012 8:25:49 AM

lwidas said:
Okay So Heat is Not an Issue Comp Never Gets above 60 C. Everything is Updated and Has the Newest of the New Drivers and Chipset and Bios. I decided to Run Prime and Less than a Min into running the Computer BSODs Same 0x124. Prime was a Small FFTs. I'm going to Perform a Vanilla Install of Win 7 Next But can't Do it at the Moment. Is there anyway I can Narrow it Down any More to Processor or Anything Else I can do? I'm hopping it's Just a Win 7 Glitch but I Fear it may be the MB or the Processor.


does it BSOD when running Memtest86 from the bootable CD? put it on a let it run for an hour or 2.

I thinking hardware also... MB
m
0
l
May 12, 2012 6:20:37 PM

jerreddredd said:
does it BSOD when running Memtest86 from the bootable CD? put it on a let it run for an hour or 2.

I thinking hardware also... MB


No I ran Memtest86 for 2 hours no crash
m
0
l

Best solution

a b B Homebuilt system
May 13, 2012 7:22:58 AM

lwidas said:
No I ran Memtest86 for 2 hours no crash


maybe this is good excuse to upgrade your hardware :D 

Share
May 14, 2012 4:24:02 AM

Best answer selected by lwidas.
m
0
l
!