Sign in with
Your question

Upgrading!

Last response: in Systems
May 10, 2012 8:24:52 AM

Currently, this is my computer's build http://secure.newegg.com/WishList/PublicWishDetail.aspx...
It worked fine for almost 2 years now, but I recently upgraded from a 1366x768 monitor to a 1920x1080 and have also noticed that I can't run every new game on max settings flawlessly anymore.

I am strongly leaning towards upgrading to a GTX 670 and an i5-3570k. I would most definitely overclock but have no experience doing so. It would be great if I could get a list of every part I would have to replace to be compatible with the new cpu and gpu including a good cpu fan and also recommendations of different processors and video cards I could go with. I also want to know if a 128gb ssd would be worth the money with a build like this. I am most interested in continuing to use the computer on games such as Guild Wars 2 and Battlefield 3.

More about : upgrading

May 10, 2012 11:58:15 AM

Will that i5 overclock? I thought it had to end with a "k" if you wanted to overclock.
a b B Homebuilt system
May 10, 2012 2:05:31 PM

nacos said:
Will that i5 overclock? I thought it had to end with a "k" if you wanted to overclock.

yes "K" is for unlocked multiplier for over clocking.
!