HP pc screen loses color

jbachmaier

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012
My HP Pavilion a6500f PC is giving me problems. The screen loses color off and on, going from normal to a bluish-tinted screen with no reds. Other colors become distorted, such as yellow looking green. This happens sometimes for minutes, sometimes for hours or even days before the normal screen colors return. Can you help me with this? Thanks.

Solution
Have you made sure your cables to your screen and your graphics card are properly connected? A loose cable can do exactly what your describing. Do you have anther cable you could try to use as well? It might even be the cable itself...

And if it's not a loose cable - it could either be your screen dieing, or possibly your graphics card dieing.
Have you made sure your cables to your screen and your graphics card are properly connected? A loose cable can do exactly what your describing. Do you have anther cable you could try to use as well? It might even be the cable itself...

And if it's not a loose cable - it could either be your screen dieing, or possibly your graphics card dieing.

Solution

jbachmaier

Honorable
Mar 7, 2012

Thanks. I've checked the cable connections, but maybe I should just go ahead and replace them. The graphics card suggestion also makes sense. JB