Sign in with
Your question
Solved

HP pc screen loses color

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2012 1:06:52 PM

My HP Pavilion a6500f PC is giving me problems. The screen loses color off and on, going from normal to a bluish-tinted screen with no reds. Other colors become distorted, such as yellow looking green. This happens sometimes for minutes, sometimes for hours or even days before the normal screen colors return. Can you help me with this? Thanks.

More about : screen loses color

a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2012 1:30:40 PM

get your screen replaced
m
l

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2012 2:15:19 PM

Have you made sure your cables to your screen and your graphics card are properly connected? A loose cable can do exactly what your describing. Do you have anther cable you could try to use as well? It might even be the cable itself...

And if it's not a loose cable - it could either be your screen dieing, or possibly your graphics card dieing.
Related resources
March 14, 2012 12:21:00 AM

Best answer selected by jbachmaier.
m
l
March 14, 2012 12:23:41 AM

Chainzsaw said:
Have you made sure your cables to your screen and your graphics card are properly connected? A loose cable can do exactly what your describing. Do you have anther cable you could try to use as well? It might even be the cable itself...

And if it's not a loose cable - it could either be your screen dieing, or possibly your graphics card dieing.

Thanks. I've checked the cable connections, but maybe I should just go ahead and replace them. The graphics card suggestion also makes sense. JB
m
l
!