My Pictures and Desktop background

I have windows xp home w/ sp2 installed and I've never seen this problem
before but I have lost the ability to right click and make a picture my
desktop background. i would pick the picture I want, right click it, choose
as my desktop background or image, and nothing would happen. Also when you
go into desktop properties and click to see what desktop pictures you can
choose, it will only show me art file pictures and not my jpeg ones in the
preview pane that is provided...that's weird to me.. I can do it the slow
way and click browse in this window and then select the picture but that's
the SLOW way, Can someone help me out here??
2 answers Last reply
More about pictures desktop background

    Deantez310,

    See if this helps:
    Display Properties Desktop background tab lists only BMP files:
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/jpgbackground.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Deantez310" <Deantez310@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E174CA0-B876-4359-9A89-8C969517868D@microsoft.com...
    I have windows xp home w/ sp2 installed and I've never seen this problem
    before but I have lost the ability to right click and make a picture my
    desktop background. i would pick the picture I want, right click it, choose
    as my desktop background or image, and nothing would happen. Also when you
    go into desktop properties and click to see what desktop pictures you can
    choose, it will only show me art file pictures and not my jpeg ones in the
    preview pane that is provided...that's weird to me.. I can do it the slow
    way and click browse in this window and then select the picture but that's
    the SLOW way, Can someone help me out here??

    I tried to go into registry but I didn't have those values in my
    registry...I'm still having those problems...can we try something else?

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > Deantez310,
    >
    > See if this helps:
    > Display Properties Desktop background tab lists only BMP files:
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org/jpgbackground.htm
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "Deantez310" <Deantez310@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E174CA0-B876-4359-9A89-8C969517868D@microsoft.com...
    > I have windows xp home w/ sp2 installed and I've never seen this problem
    > before but I have lost the ability to right click and make a picture my
    > desktop background. i would pick the picture I want, right click it, choose
    > as my desktop background or image, and nothing would happen. Also when you
    > go into desktop properties and click to see what desktop pictures you can
    > choose, it will only show me art file pictures and not my jpeg ones in the
    > preview pane that is provided...that's weird to me.. I can do it the slow
    > way and click browse in this window and then select the picture but that's
    > the SLOW way, Can someone help me out here??

Configuration Desktops Customization Windows XP