Tags:
  • Radeon
  • Overdrive
  • Fan Controller
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2012 1:19:00 PM

HI Guys...
I have been using HIS Radeon HD 5670 from past 2 months...and I'm a bit surprised that the Catalyst Control Center came bundled along the card...does not have "Enable manual fan control option".

I went to AMD Overdrive option in CCC, enable manual fan control speed is missing, though it does have a checkbox named "Enable AMD overdrive".

I'm using windows xp sp3.

The idle temperature of the GPU is 42 degree celcius.

Moreover, GPU-Z shows the fan speed as only 15%.

Please help.

More about : enable fan control option absent

March 10, 2012 2:52:23 AM

See if you can adjust the fan in RivaTuner. Also, make sure your card has a fan(although it does in Google images), and if RivaTuner doesn't work, open the cabinet, and see if the fan is running.
m
l
March 10, 2012 12:12:55 PM

don't use the driver from the disc

Download it at AMD.com and install the latest driver

but before you install new one, uninstall the old one
m
l
March 11, 2012 6:09:29 PM

Hi.....I've uninstalled the previous version of CCC which was the most up to date available (VERSION 12.1) for an HD 5670 with REVO UNINSTALLER(REGISTERED), and installed it again..
But, the problem still persists, as there is STILL no option for CONTROLLING THE FAN SPEED MANUALLY in the Catalyst Control Center's AMD Overdrive Section....

Please Help.......
m
l
March 11, 2012 11:26:58 PM

Did you 'unlock' the overdrive options?

Should be a check box or a little lock that you need to click.
m
l
March 12, 2012 2:31:38 AM

vollman1 said:
Did you 'unlock' the overdrive options?

Should be a check box or a little lock that you need to click.

Hi....Yup there is a little Lock Button....and I have been clicking that button which pulls up a WARNING window...hoping to see another SLIDER for controlling the FAN MANUALLY, but , past that window and after I enable the AMD overdrive by putting a check on the small checkbox, still the window shows only two sliders and two meters,out of which, one keeps monitoring the temperature of the GPU and second, monitoring the GPU consumption........

One more question, MSI AFTERBURNER suggests that, a user will only be able to control the speed of the fan manually, if the GRAPHIC CARD has a FAN CONTROLLER CHIP....!!!!!!!!

So, I just want to confirm that, whether my HIS Radeon HD 5670 came equipped with a FAN CONTROLLER CHIP or not.....?????

I know, many out here will question me that...it would be good if you ask the person from whom you have purchased this device....

But, the dealers in my city are not too tech savvy to say about a FAN CONTROLLER CHIP...

PLease help....

m
l
March 12, 2012 3:08:42 AM

Sorry, I don't know where else to go with this one.
m
l
March 17, 2012 9:01:46 AM

you will see that the option to control the fan MANUALLY is absent !!!!!!
m
l
March 17, 2012 10:11:33 AM

Does it really matter? :p  I suggest trying the beta drivers, well if amd has any.
m
l
March 20, 2012 9:19:08 AM

amuffin said:
Does it really matter? :p  I suggest trying the beta drivers, well if amd has any.

Hi...
I've uninstalled the driver and installed the beta version amd_catalyst_12.1_preview_windows_xp.exe..
But it proved of no help...still there is no option to control the fan speed manually.

The idle temp of the card is 42-44 degree celcius.

The speed remains constant at 15%.
m
l
March 21, 2012 1:00:27 AM

try downloading and using speedfan, for that matter it should help
m
l

Best solution

March 22, 2012 5:05:16 AM

What is the point? Lower noise=better. Don't worry about your temps, the 5670 is not that hot of a card.
May 15, 2012 6:31:06 PM

Best answer selected by abhimanyu88.
m
l
January 12, 2014 3:38:33 PM

Not sure if it helps but it worked for me. open up AMD ccc and then in the search box just type in fan. It will come up with one result. click it and on the bottom there will be the option for enabling manual fan control
m
l
!