Tags:
  • New Build
  • Laptops
  • Desktops
  • Games
  • Systems
Last response: in Systems
May 10, 2012 1:23:03 PM

for a student and a gamer of 19years which is best..will do some presentation stuffs,heavy internet usage ,email,programming,and playing games like counterstrike source at high res,battlefield 3 at medium res and also other 1st person shooter games

More about : laptop desktop student

May 10, 2012 1:26:58 PM

The desktop is obviously going to provide a better gaming platform and a more powerful machine.

It really depends on how much portability is needed?

More than likely for a student a laptop is going to be more suitable, although some gaming performance will obviously have to be sacrificed unless budget is of almost no issue.
m
l
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
May 10, 2012 1:31:16 PM

the computer is surely being used by a student what u guys say..suggest an i7 laptop which have some good gaming performance
m
l
May 10, 2012 3:42:47 PM

i will look at 800-1000$
m
l
a b D Laptop
May 11, 2012 3:40:14 AM

He is gonna need the Laptop :S, but he could use the Desktop too for Fun.

Im a Student and my father made and effort for me, and got me both. Thx dad lol.

But If you are going to school You will need the Laptop, if you are out making a research with friends or if u just want to lan party in ur free time then Laptop. But when u get to your Room, the Good Powerfull Desktop Waiting there.... I just Smile.
m
l
May 11, 2012 7:32:32 AM

You could always buy a cheap $300 laptop just for its office applictions, web browsing and portability. Then with the remaining $700 build yourself a pretty nice desktop.

Or even $400 laptop, $600 desktop would do the trick. You can build quite a lot for your money currently with desktops :) 
m
l
May 11, 2012 8:47:55 AM

I WOULDD NEVERRR NEVER NEVER NEVER, recommend or either think about buying a laptop gaming, first of all, uncomfortable to play games, breaks easy, overheats easy, a lot of stuff. if you wanna game than a desktop is for you.
m
l
May 11, 2012 1:02:03 PM

AdrianPerry said:
You could always buy a cheap $300 laptop just for its office applictions, web browsing and portability. Then with the remaining $700 build yourself a pretty nice desktop.

Or even $400 laptop, $600 desktop would do the trick. You can build quite a lot for your money currently with desktops :) 

i will play cs source for hours and im a heavy internet user i will download files of 12gb continually for more than a day..my problem is the wires behind the case upsets me
m
l
May 11, 2012 1:08:55 PM

I totally agree get a cheap 300-400 dollar laptop and a decent desktop on top of that.
m
l
May 11, 2012 5:05:29 PM

at present busy at studies i will not be gaming heavily for more than 3hrs but will download stuff for more than a day..that's why i'm looking for a laptop which have a power of a amd 6770 which can play all games atleast at medium settings also i will be using a laptop cooler..
m
l