Computer Freezes and makes Robotic type sound.

RBrNx_277

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello there, recently (~ about a week) my computer has been freezing whenever I have been gaming on it. It will freeze and turn whatever sound is playing at the time into a long robotic sounding noise. I originally thought it might be my graphics drivers since it happens when I'm gaming so I updated to Catalyst 12.4 from 12.3; but this has not solved the problem. Does anyone have any ideas as to what could be causing my computer to crash?

Specs:
- AMD Athlon II x4 645 @ 3.1GHz
- 8 GB 1333Mhz RAM
- XFX Radeon HD 6850 1GB
- Windows 7 64-Bit
- 1TB HDD

catatafish

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2012
This happens to me sometimes. My theory is that it is due to overheating, or from overclocking....and maybe its overheating due to overclocking, or just on hot days when my window is open. Monitor your GPU/CPU temps and see if you notice when it happens if the temp has any correlation.

RBrNx_277

Honorable
May 10, 2012

It certainly could be; I haven't overclocked anything in my system though, and it's certainly not hot where I live haha.

try seeing if it a bad stick of ram. take out two sticks as need if it crashes more or less. also download cpu-z and hardware monitor-z check your temps of the gpu and chipset.if the mb chipset gets to hot your mb can lock up.