Closed

Looking for opinions for my SLI and Monitor setup

Tags:
  • Graphics Cards
  • Monitors
  • Graphics
Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2012 4:58:03 PM

I’m kind of stuck on how I should proceed with my computer build here is what I have so far
Case: Thermaltake level 10 GT
Motherboard: Sabertooth X79
Processor: Intel 3960k
Ram: Corsair Vengeance — 16GB Quad Channel DDR3 Kit
SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
Power Supply: Thermaltake TPG-1050M ToughPower Grand Power Supply
CPU Cooler: Corsair H100
GPU: ASUS ENGTX570 DCII

Where I’m stuck at is on two things

Adding another graphics card for sli, I posted a question on the forum before about putting 2 570 DCII into my system, while it can be done it leaves very little room inside the computer basically the video cards will sit over almost the whole motherboard.

So do I add another 570 DCII and just live with it? or put in another type of 570 which I heard can be done.

My second issue is concerning my monitor setup what I’m looking to do is a triple monitor with Nvidia surround 2D

What I would like to do is get 3 23” led lcd monitors with a triple mount adjustable monitor stand so I can have the monitors wrap around me. The problem is I can’t seem to find any stands that will accommodate 3 23” monitors anybody run across the same problem? Or am I stuck using smaller monitors

More about : opinions sli monitor setup

Best solution

a b U Graphics card
March 7, 2012 5:17:20 PM

http://www.canadacomputers.com/product_info.php?cPath=2...

http://www.multi-monitors.com/product_p/ergotech05.htm

They do exist.

I find just using the stock stands on my desk work perfect for me. Do you need a bit more height or something? I used a wall mount bracket for monitor number 4.
March 9, 2012 2:39:24 PM

I may use the stock stands and see how that works, just want to get all the monitors level with each other, thanks for the links none of those came up doing my searching
Score
Related resources
March 9, 2012 2:39:35 PM

Best answer selected by debase.
Score
a b U Graphics card
March 9, 2012 2:56:04 PM

I would try that for a while first. $400 is a bit much for a stand and then you have to screw it into your desk. Kind of a pain overall. Though, I did have a problem with my monitors lining up. The 3 on the desk are all the same model purchased no more than 6 months apart. One was purchased online and the other two came from a local store and one is between 1/8 and 1/4 of an inch shorter than the other two so I needed to use a slim dvd case under it to line them all up.
Score
!