Sign in with
Your question

Dual monitors with HD 6670 and HD 4200

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 7, 2012 5:07:09 PM

At first I had a GeForce 9500GT and I ran both my monitors off of that no problem (dvi and vga).
Then I got a third monitor and stuck that on my onboard HD 4200 (integrated graphics to motherboard type deal). I was able to use "dual view" (not an eyefinity type setup) without a hitch.
Now I swapped the 9500 gt for this: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E168...

The problem is I only have DVI and VGA monitors so i'm unable to make use of the displayport and hdmi port at the moment.
I plan to get adapters and run a full eyefinity setup sometime soon, but for now I want to go back to my 2-monitor "dual view" until I can afford the adapters (yes i know they're only 30 bucks...lol)
So I stuck one monitor on the card's DVI connection, and the other monitor on my onboard's VGA connection.

TL;DR --
Windows and Catalyst will not detect my second monitor (onboard video card).
I can go into my bios and switch between the two but I cannot get both to work at the same time.

Any ideas?

Windows 7 Ultimate x64
AMD Athlon II x2 240 2.8ghz
3.5 gb ram
Asus Radeon HD 6670 1gb
Gigabyte GA-MA785GM-US2H motherboard with Radeon HD 4200 integrated graphics
March 8, 2012 8:58:48 PM

Well... I changed in the bios for init device first to onboard vga, unplugged the pci's monitor, and booted up. plugged in second monitor to the pci card, and it worked instantly.
anyone who has this problem, here's the solution...
!