CD Rom not reconized for Boot disk drivers

G

Hey all, this is a repost of a different post.... so bear with me :)

Hrm..... well Im reformating my old K6-3 450, and I ran into a bit of a problem.

My CD rom is detected in the BIOS and when its booting up, it shows that the CD rom is there, under the Hard drive.
I put the Win98 boot disk in, and I go with CDrom support. Problem is, it says it cannot find my drive and does not load the adapi drivers. So, theres no way I can install Win98.

Heres the thing. My hard drive isnt connected to the Primary or secondary slots on the MB, its connected to the Ultra 66 controller card. The CD rom is also connected to that same cable (controller card + HD + CD). Is there something I should switch?

=(for the record, the CD is a Toshiba 24X)

Is there any way I can make a boot disk with my specific drivers? *Shrug*

Bah, dont make me take my CD out of my main computer and put it in that one just to install!!!

And no, the 24X isnt faulty or anything, It ran just fine about 5 minutes before I reformatted.

Thanks in advance!

Spdy_Gonzales

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2001
Connect the CD to either of the motherboard IDE connectors and make sure the jumper is properly set.

I wonder how much deeper the ocean would be without sponges.

alphateam

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Do not ever put a cd rom drive on the same controller as a HDD. That will slow the HDD down. And since you use that most keep it seperate.

What i would suggest is keeping your HDD on the controller as the master. And make your cd-rom the master on the controller on your system board.

Now I don't think that is your problem, but that is just a general configuration thing.

As for the driver look for a program called "cd rom god" goto http://www.tweakfiles.com/misc/cdromgod.html.

It will have the boot drivers for dozens of different cd rom drivers.

-Alpha
Sorry I missed church, I've been busy practicing witchcraft and becoming a lesbian.

TRENDING THREADS