Wasn't this an XBox forum once?

Last response: in Video Games
July 12, 2005 1:36:46 PM

if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.

i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
worthwhile getting into now?

More about : xbox forum

July 12, 2005 2:45:54 PM

It happens every Summer as soon as the little shits are out of school.
Things will go back to normal in September when they go back and have
to do their homework before mommy lets them use the Internet.

- Jordan
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 4:50:07 PM

ahh! good call! i've seen Psi-Ops for cheeeap but never had the nerve
to buy it. i'm going to search it out, now!

also, i tried playing EA's NBA Live 2002 the other night and have to
say... i hated it. not sure if it was just too old or if maybe i just
don't like basketball games, but man... it lasted about 12 minutes in
my xbox. ugh!
July 12, 2005 8:36:51 PM

> if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
> refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.
>
> i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
> games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
> Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
>
> any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
> worthwhile getting into now?

Psi-ops.

--
terry v
GT: terryfied

In article <DkSAe.210$l25.67@newsfe6-win.ntli.net>,
terry@REMOVEterryv.co.uk says...
> > if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
> > refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.
> >
> > i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
> > games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
> > Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
> >
> > any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
> > worthwhile getting into now?
>
> Psi-ops.

Wot he said. Top game.
--

42 1 JumpeD up 1 H4d N0 1dE4 7h@ 1 W42 574Nd1N' 0N 7EH ENd 0F MY
k47he7er

despite being a platformer, Voodoo Vince is probably one of my favorite
games ever. it has its quirks like any game, but something about the
whole creepy New Orleans underbelly theme was really refreshing. the
gameplay was easy enough to pick up, but tough enough where it counts.
i expected the same from Grabbed by the Ghoulies, but was sorely
disappointed with that one. Vince, for me, is the best platformer in
line with Oddworld: Munch and Toejam & Earl III.

Scott Thomas wrote:

> As someone who has a love/hate relationship with most platformers and
> such, how is Voodoo Vince? I've thought about it at times I've seen it
> in a bargain bin, but never quite picked it up.
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 10:19:00 PM

"terry vickers" <terry@REMOVEterryv.co.uk> wrote in message
news:D kSAe.210$l25.67@newsfe6-win.ntli.net...
>> if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
>> refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.
>>
>> i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
>> games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
>> Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
>>
>> any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
>> worthwhile getting into now?
>
> Psi-ops.

If you didn't play that one when it came out (I did and played it to death
and through it about 4 times) then it would be a GREAT pick up now since it
is cheap. Great game!!
Anonymous
July 12, 2005 11:47:26 PM

Fizzlestix wrote:
> if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
> refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.
>
> i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
> games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
> Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
>
> any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
> worthwhile getting into now?

It's not very complicated, but I had a lot of fun playing "Spy Hunter."
Also, "Medal of Honor: Frontline" is nearly as good of a FPS as
"Return to Castle Wolfenstein."
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 12:46:09 AM

Fizzlestix wrote:
> if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
> refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.

I started a thread about Burnout 3 but no one participated. :(

> i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
> games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
> Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
>
> any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
> worthwhile getting into now?

Burnout 3 is a platinum hit now. Get that game. I saw X-men Legends is
selling for $19.99 as well. I'm going to pick up that game soon.
July 13, 2005 12:59:21 AM

PSI Ops is a great game...
was highly underappreciated.
Have to give the controls a little time to get used too
but the game offers a lot of fun

"Grinder" <grinder@no.spam.maam.com> wrote in message
> Fizzlestix wrote:
>> if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
>> refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.
>>
>> i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
>> games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
>> Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
>>
>> any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
>> worthwhile getting into now?
>
> It's not very complicated, but I had a lot of fun playing "Spy Hunter."
> Also, "Medal of Honor: Frontline" is nearly as good of a FPS as "Return to
> Castle Wolfenstein."

Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:05:41 AM

On 12 Jul 2005 09:36:46 -0700, "Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com>
Gave us:

>if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
>refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.
>
>i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
>games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
>Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

Crimson Skies ,and Voodoo Vince aren't old.

RTCW is.

>any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
>worthwhile getting into now?

Try a game store or E-bay.

Better yet, petition MS to make a decent aim point sensor, as
opposed to that lame, non-functional light rifle setup they currently
use. I hate having to switch to a standard NTSC monitor, and then
have to turn the contrast to a stupid setting just to get two games to
work. Then, they barely work. Pretty sad considering that the
technology has been around for decades.

Maybe a device similar to a VR headset... four sensors that one
attaches to their TV screen perimeter that detects where the gun is
aimed.. ALL the time.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:07:59 AM

TokaMundo wrote:
> On 12 Jul 2005 09:36:46 -0700, "Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com>
> Gave us:
>

>>if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
>>refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.
>>
>>i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
>>games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
>>Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
>>

> Crimson Skies ,and Voodoo Vince aren't old.
>
> RTCW is.
>

>>any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
>>worthwhile getting into now?
>

> Try a game store or E-bay.
>
> Better yet, petition MS to make a decent aim point sensor, as
> opposed to that lame, non-functional light rifle setup they currently
> use. I hate having to switch to a standard NTSC monitor, and then
> have to turn the contrast to a stupid setting just to get two games to
> work. Then, they barely work. Pretty sad considering that the
> technology has been around for decades.
>
> Maybe a device similar to a VR headset... four sensors that one
> attaches to their TV screen perimeter that detects where the gun is
> aimed.. ALL the time.

Is this your attempt at redemption? I think you are exactly who he was
talking about :)
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:08:00 AM

babanoosh wrote:

> I think you are exactly who he was
> talking about :)

I think he was talking about you too. How many threads have you started
about Toka? How many times have you vowed never to reply to him again? Yet
you keep doing it. We all know he is an idiot on a level that surpasses
Bligmerk, DavidGX, and Pizza Hut's alias of the week. I know it's fun toying
with the morons, but aren't you getting bored yet?

Toka, I'm sure you'll respond to this with another one of your lame boasts
(who brags about being 5'7"?) or a horrible attempt to belittle me (I'm a
bitch? How unoriginal) to save face, don't bother. I have no interest in
flaming it out
with you.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 2:10:15 AM

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Fizzlestix wrote:
>> if anyone is interested in talking about games, it would be a
>> refreshing change from all the goofy nonsense around here lately.
>
> I started a thread about Burnout 3 but no one participated. :(

What are you talking about? I said that your message tipped the scale for
me to finally pick it up.

>> i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
>> games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies, Voodoo
>> Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.
>>
>> any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
>> worthwhile getting into now?
>
> Burnout 3 is a platinum hit now. Get that game. I saw X-men Legends is
> selling for $19.99 as well. I'm going to pick up that game soon.

Very fun game. After playing legends, it makes me very pissed that I bough
Fantastic Four.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 4:21:17 AM

Fizzlestix wrote:

> i've been going back into the old library and playing a lot of older
> games. some of the one's i've been digging SSX3, Crimson Skies,
> Voodoo Vince, Beyond Good and Evil, and Return to Castle Wolfenstein.

As someone who has a love/hate relationship with most platformers and
such, how is Voodoo Vince? I've thought about it at times I've seen it
in a bargain bin, but never quite picked it up.

--
Scott Thomas, thomass@cs.rose-hulman.edu
http://www.cs.rose-hulman.edu/~thomass/

Hank the Rapper wrote:
> babanoosh wrote:
>

>>I think you are exactly who he was
>>talking about :)
>

> I think he was talking about you too. How many threads have you started
> about Toka? How many times have you vowed never to reply to him again? Yet
> you keep doing it. We all know he is an idiot on a level that surpasses
> Bligmerk, DavidGX, and Pizza Hut's alias of the week. I know it's fun toying
> with the morons, but aren't you getting bored yet?
>
> Toka, I'm sure you'll respond to this with another one of your lame boasts
> (who brags about being 5'7"?) or a horrible attempt to belittle me (I'm a
> bitch? How unoriginal) to save face, don't bother. I have no interest in
> flaming it out
> with you.

I started one about him, he just inadvertently replied to others. I'll
admit when I changed my name I did plan on stopping. You're right Hank,
and I apologize to you and the rest of the group members. I just got
caught up with the troll. He's like a disease.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 7:05:48 PM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:21:17 GMT, Scott Thomas
<christophersthomas@sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> As someone who has a love/hate relationship with most platformers and
>such, how is Voodoo Vince? I've thought about it at times I've seen it
>in a bargain bin, but never quite picked it up.

Competent is the best I can say about it kind of boring.

Psychonauts is also competend (nothing special in gameplay) but has
the additional benefit of being pretty funny.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 8:09:43 PM

that's a really good point, ARChang... i was really looking forward
Psychonauts, but i have to say the $49.95 price tag kept me from buying
it. when i see games - good games - in the bargain bins for $19.99 less
than a year after release, danged straight i'll wait to buy them. i
don't doubt that the developers and artists work their butts off to
produce good games, but i'm on a budget like anyone else and forking
out $50 bucks for a game that "may or may not" be a winner is just not
going to happen any more. i'd rather rent it first (ie, Jade Empire,
Silent Hill 4, Doom 3, etc).

so, yeah, i'm looking forward to Psychonauts... when it's priced to
buy. ;o)
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 9:01:26 PM

Mattinglyfan wrote:

> What are you talking about? I said that your message tipped the
> scale for me to finally pick it up.

This one. ;)
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbo...

or http://tinyurl.com/9x3tj

> Very fun game. After playing legends, it makes me very pissed that I
> bough Fantastic Four.

Good.

I've been thinking about starting a thread about my experience with Conker,
but decided not to. I hated the game. The controls and camera pissed me off
so much I quit after an hour. There was way too many load screens.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 9:38:43 PM

babanoosh wrote:

> I started one about him, he just inadvertently replied to others. I'll
> admit when I changed my name I did plan on stopping. You're right
> Hank, and I apologize to you and the rest of the group members. I
> just got caught up with the troll. He's like a disease.

I understand. I did the same thing with Omar a few years ago. I also didn't
want to sound like I'm telling you to stop replying to him. You can reply to
whom ever you want to. If you enjoy making fun of him, that's your business.
If people don't like it, they can easily ignore the thread.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 10:10:52 PM

Fizzlestix <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote:
>any thoughts on older games i might find for cheap that would be
>worthwhile getting into now?

Oh, I always have the same answer to this question. (Basically,
the Sega Smilebit games.)

But this time, I want you all to buy a brand new game.
Psychonauts, in particular. The polish on it as a platformer in terms of
game mechanics, story, dialogue, acting, art, everything is top-notch and
yet sales were not great. So go do your part for supporting good games.

--
Our generation has had no Great Depression, no Great War. Our war is
spiritual. Our depression is our lives.

> babanoosh wrote:
>
>> I started one about him, he just inadvertently replied to others. I'll
>> admit when I changed my name I did plan on stopping. You're right
>> Hank, and I apologize to you and the rest of the group members. I
>> just got caught up with the troll. He's like a disease.
>
> I understand. I did the same thing with Omar a few years ago. I also
> didn't
> want to sound like I'm telling you to stop replying to him. You can reply
> whom ever you want to. If you enjoy making fun of him, that's your
> business.
> If people don't like it, they can easily ignore the thread.

Hank, you can not compare Omar to this idiot. Omar had an entertaining
quality about him. You actually had to work to catch him contradicting
himself. This moron does it multiple times, daily.
Anonymous
July 13, 2005 10:30:15 PM

> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>
>> What are you talking about? I said that your message tipped the
>> scale for me to finally pick it up.
>
> This one. ;)
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbo...
>
> or http://tinyurl.com/9x3tj

Considering I didn't have the game when you posted that, I had no idea what
the hell you were talking about.

>> Very fun game. After playing legends, it makes me very pissed that I
>> bough Fantastic Four.
>
> Good.
>
> I've been thinking about starting a thread about my experience with
> Conker, but decided not to. I hated the game. The controls and camera
> pissed me off so much I quit after an hour. There was way too many load
> screens.

HELL YES! I thought it was just me. I picked it up after many people raved
about it being so much better than Destroy All Humans. I wound up trading
it and getting pretty good value after a week toward my 360. That game
definitely didn't do it for me. Legends was twice as fun.
July 14, 2005 12:34:35 AM

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> babanoosh wrote:
>
>> I started one about him, he just inadvertently replied to others. I'll
>> admit when I changed my name I did plan on stopping. You're right
>> Hank, and I apologize to you and the rest of the group members. I
>> just got caught up with the troll. He's like a disease.
>
> I understand. I did the same thing with Omar a few years ago. I also
> didn't
> want to sound like I'm telling you to stop replying to him. You can reply
> whom ever you want to. If you enjoy making fun of him, that's your
> business.
> If people don't like it, they can easily ignore the thread.

OMG! I remember that flame fest! Geez it went on for weeks! What ever
happened to Omar or has he changed his name? JLC
July 14, 2005 12:43:06 AM

"Fizzlestix" <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote in message
> that's a really good point, ARChang... i was really looking forward
> Psychonauts, but i have to say the $49.95 price tag kept me from buying
> it. when i see games - good games - in the bargain bins for $19.99 less
> than a year after release, danged straight i'll wait to buy them. i
> don't doubt that the developers and artists work their butts off to
> produce good games, but i'm on a budget like anyone else and forking
> out $50 bucks for a game that "may or may not" be a winner is just not
> going to happen any more. i'd rather rent it first (ie, Jade Empire,
> Silent Hill 4, Doom 3, etc).
>
> so, yeah, i'm looking forward to Psychonauts... when it's priced to
> buy. ;o)

Psychonauts will be $20 in less then 6 months IMHO. It's just not that great
a game for the masses to enjoy. I was totally surprised when they turned
Burnout 3 into a Platinum Classic so soon. I figured it was selling good
enough to keep it's price up there awhile longer. What chaps my ass is I
bought the game used for $30 two weeks before the price drop! Oh well it's
worth the money. I'm still having a blast with it and it's a great party
game. JLC
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:23:01 AM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 13:12:04 GMT, babanoosh <snoop@dodgeit.com> Gave
us:

>I started one about him, he just inadvertently replied to others. I'll
>admit when I changed my name I did plan on stopping. You're right Hank,
>and I apologize to you and the rest of the group members. I just got
>caught up with the troll. He's like a disease.

Bullshit. Shall I list them for you?
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 2:33:52 AM

On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 15:05:48 -0700, Joe62
<jmcginnNOSPAM@radicalREALLYNOSPAM.ca> Gave us:

>On Wed, 13 Jul 2005 00:21:17 GMT, Scott Thomas
><christophersthomas@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>
>> As someone who has a love/hate relationship with most platformers and
>>such, how is Voodoo Vince? I've thought about it at times I've seen it
>>in a bargain bin, but never quite picked it up.
>
>Competent is the best I can say about it kind of boring.
>
>Psychonauts is also competend (nothing special in gameplay) but has
>the additional benefit of being pretty funny.

Maybe not a console game, but "Serious Sam" is REAL funny to play!
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:22:34 AM

Hank the Rapper wrote:
> babanoosh wrote:
>

>>I started one about him, he just inadvertently replied to others. I'll
>>admit when I changed my name I did plan on stopping. You're right
>>Hank, and I apologize to you and the rest of the group members. I
>>just got caught up with the troll. He's like a disease.
>

> I understand. I did the same thing with Omar a few years ago. I also didn't
> want to sound like I'm telling you to stop replying to him. You can reply to
> whom ever you want to. If you enjoy making fun of him, that's your business.
> If people don't like it, they can easily ignore the thread.

nahhh....can't even tell you I enjoyed it after awhile. Kind of annoying
really. It was like I was constipated and now I'm relieved :)
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:24:05 AM

Hank the Rapper wrote:
> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>

>>What are you talking about? I said that your message tipped the
>>scale for me to finally pick it up.
>

> This one. ;)
> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbo...
>
> or http://tinyurl.com/9x3tj
>

>>Very fun game. After playing legends, it makes me very pissed that I
>>bough Fantastic Four.
>

> Good.
>
> I've been thinking about starting a thread about my experience with Conker,
> but decided not to. I hated the game. The controls and camera pissed me off
> so much I quit after an hour. There was way too many load screens.

You are not kidding. That was the first thing I noticed. Load screens
upon load screens. But I love the game still. That Conker is funny :)
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:32:47 AM

Mattinglyfan wrote:
> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>babanoosh wrote:
>>

>>>I started one about him, he just inadvertently replied to others. I'll
>>>admit when I changed my name I did plan on stopping. You're right
>>>Hank, and I apologize to you and the rest of the group members. I
>>>just got caught up with the troll. He's like a disease.
>>
>>I understand. I did the same thing with Omar a few years ago. I also
>>didn't
>>want to sound like I'm telling you to stop replying to him. You can reply
>>whom ever you want to. If you enjoy making fun of him, that's your
>>business.
>>If people don't like it, they can easily ignore the thread.
>>

> Hank, you can not compare Omar to this idiot. Omar had an entertaining
> quality about him. You actually had to work to catch him contradicting
> himself. This moron does it multiple times, daily.

And contradicts his contradictions! Can quite grasp put downs either.
Amazing. Lets just ignore his ass. I see him pretending to be a nice guy
in threads now, but I don't think the majority will fall for his ploy.

On another note (and off topic :(  , did you watch the All Star Game last
night?
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:41:56 AM

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:32:47 GMT, babanoosh <snoop@dodgeit.com> Gave
us:

>And contradicts his contradictions! Can quite grasp put downs either.
>Amazing. Lets just ignore his ass. I see him pretending to be a nice guy
>in threads now, but I don't think the majority will fall for his ploy.

Hey, asswipe... yeah YOU.

I can post however I wish to whomever I wish. The fact that I posted
in a shitty manner to YOU should tell you something.

>On another note (and off topic :(  , did you watch the All Star Game last
>night?

I am happy to have caused you to miss some of it.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:44:22 AM

TokaMundo wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 00:32:47 GMT, babanoosh <snoop@dodgeit.com> Gave
> us:
>

>>And contradicts his contradictions! Can quite grasp put downs either.
>>Amazing. Lets just ignore his ass. I see him pretending to be a nice guy
>>in threads now, but I don't think the majority will fall for his ploy.
>

> Hey, asswipe... yeah YOU.
>
> I can post however I wish to whomever I wish. The fact that I posted
> in a shitty manner to YOU should tell you something.
>
>>On another note (and off topic :(  , did you watch the All Star Game last
>>night?
>

> I am happy to have caused you to miss some of it.

nah...just the commercials (and a homerun I would rather not see by
Tejada but not replying to you). Good try though.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 7:58:07 AM

Fizzlestix <fizzlestix@metallica.com> wrote:
>that's a really good point, ARChang... i was really looking forward
>Psychonauts, but i have to say the $49.95 price tag kept me from buying
>it.

Well, buy it anyways!

Also, consider finding the demo -- you can get the OXM demo from a
month or two ago, or download the PC demo, or find the PC demo on some
mag's demo disc. Or rent it.

--
"If the Democratic policies had been pursued over the last two or three
years, [...] we would not have had the kind of job growth that we've had."

Burnout 3 went platinum because it was a big hit, but also because
Burnout 4 is coming out very soon... they cleaned up some of the
gameplay, but more importantly, they've changed the mechanics so that
if you hit a non-participating vehicle in traffic, you can bump off of
it instead of having a bloody crash every time.

now, if they'd just incorporate motorcycles... woah! ;o)
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 11:56:52 AM

"babanoosh" <snoop@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
news:p oiBe.1066$8y1.422@newssvr17.news.prodigy.com...
> Mattinglyfan wrote:
> > "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message

> >>I understand. I did the same thing with Omar a few years ago. I also
> >>didn't
> >>want to sound like I'm telling you to stop replying to him. You can
reply
> >>whom ever you want to. If you enjoy making fun of him, that's your
> >>business.
> >>If people don't like it, they can easily ignore the thread.
> >>

> > Hank, you can not compare Omar to this idiot. Omar had an entertaining
> > quality about him. You actually had to work to catch him contradicting
> > himself. This moron does it multiple times, daily.
> >

> And contradicts his contradictions! Can quite grasp put downs either.
> Amazing. Lets just ignore his ass. I see him pretending to be a nice guy
> in threads now, but I don't think the majority will fall for his ploy.

He has about as much a chance as Freddie does, nunyah!
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 12:03:10 PM

"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
> Mattinglyfan wrote:
>
> > What are you talking about? I said that your message tipped the
> > scale for me to finally pick it up.
>
> This one. ;)

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbo...
b70b65acc41ee40/a448c770ad81a301?q=author:hank+author:the+author:rapper&rnum
=10&hl=en#a448c770ad81a301

> or http://tinyurl.com/9x3tj
>
> > Very fun game. After playing legends, it makes me very pissed that I
> > bough Fantastic Four.
>
> Good.
>
> I've been thinking about starting a thread about my experience with
Conker,
> but decided not to. I hated the game. The controls and camera pissed me
off
> so much I quit after an hour. There was way too many load screens.

The load screens got on my nerves at first but they were few and far
between.
The camera angle wasn't a problem for me because you control it almost the
same way in Mario Sunshine. Now the camera angles in the original Conker
were absolutely dreadful.
onker is the only game I have been playing since it was released. I played
it all the way through twice and the online it is one of the most fun
experiences I have had on LIVE yet.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 4:13:10 PM

JLC wrote:
> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>babanoosh wrote:
>>

>>>I started one about him, he just inadvertently replied to others. I'll
>>>admit when I changed my name I did plan on stopping. You're right
>>>Hank, and I apologize to you and the rest of the group members. I
>>>just got caught up with the troll. He's like a disease.
>>
>>I understand. I did the same thing with Omar a few years ago. I also
>>didn't
>>want to sound like I'm telling you to stop replying to him. You can reply
>>whom ever you want to. If you enjoy making fun of him, that's your
>>business.
>>If people don't like it, they can easily ignore the thread.
>>

> OMG! I remember that flame fest! Geez it went on for weeks! What ever
> happened to Omar or has he changed his name? JLC

Might be this guy we're talking about. Many of us have taken turns
stabbing at this overcooked meatball but he quite literally goes
on every single night (in different groups) and has non-stop flame
battles with other people. It's hard for me to fathom how someone could
do this sort of thing day-in/day-out but it's pretty much his whole
life! Pete Zahut is even on a higher pedestal than this lame, and you
konw that's reaching.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 5:49:00 PM

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message
>
>>Mattinglyfan wrote:
>>

>>>What are you talking about? I said that your message tipped the
>>>scale for me to finally pick it up.
>>
>>This one. ;)
>>

> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbo...
> b70b65acc41ee40/a448c770ad81a301?q=author:hank+author:the+author:rapper&rnum
> =10&hl=en#a448c770ad81a301
>
>>or http://tinyurl.com/9x3tj
>>

>>>Very fun game. After playing legends, it makes me very pissed that I
>>>bough Fantastic Four.
>>
>>Good.
>>
>>I've been thinking about starting a thread about my experience with
>
> Conker,
>
>>but decided not to. I hated the game. The controls and camera pissed me
>
> off
>
>>so much I quit after an hour. There was way too many load screens.
>

> The load screens got on my nerves at first but they were few and far
> between.
> The camera angle wasn't a problem for me because you control it almost the
> same way in Mario Sunshine. Now the camera angles in the original Conker
> were absolutely dreadful.
> onker is the only game I have been playing since it was released. I played
> it all the way through twice and the online it is one of the most fun
> experiences I have had on LIVE yet.

Hey, how do you kill the massive terd monster? Are you supposed to stand
next the the caged area so that he terd balls will break it? Or is he
supposed to kill all the terd hands?
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 5:49:01 PM

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message

> >>This one. ;)

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbo...

b70b65acc41ee40/a448c770ad81a301?q=author:hank+author:the+author:rapper&rnum
> > =10&hl=en#a448c770ad81a301
> >
> >>or http://tinyurl.com/9x3tj

> >>Good.
> >>
> >>I've been thinking about starting a thread about my experience with
> >
> > Conker,
> >
> >>but decided not to. I hated the game. The controls and camera pissed me
> >
> > off
> >
> >>so much I quit after an hour. There was way too many load screens.
> >

> > The load screens got on my nerves at first but they were few and far
> > between.
> > The camera angle wasn't a problem for me because you control it almost
the
> > same way in Mario Sunshine. Now the camera angles in the original Conker
> > were absolutely dreadful.
> > onker is the only game I have been playing since it was released. I
played
> > it all the way through twice and the online it is one of the most fun
> > experiences I have had on LIVE yet.
> >

> Hey, how do you kill the massive terd monster? Are you supposed to stand
> next the the caged area so that he terd balls will break it? Or is he
> supposed to kill all the terd hands?

There are 3 (B) pads located in the cave where you battle the Mighty Poo.
Just dodge his turd balls until he starts to sing than step on the (B) and
throw rolls of toilet paper in his mouth. Start with the (B) pad furthest
away from the Cave entrance and work your way back to the beginning of the
cave. You will notice after you hit him with the 1st roll of TP that the
(B) pad will no longer work. Just make your way to the next one and repeat.
If I remember correct it take a total of 5 rolls of TP, 6 tops. Once you
hit him with the final roll of TP he will break the glass on the cage. You
have to make it to the caged area and finish him off before his poo balls
finish you off.
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 7:35:35 PM

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "babanoosh" <snoop@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
>>Boody Bandit wrote:
>>
>>>"Hank the Rapper" <xflopgoon@REMOVEyahoo.com> wrote in message

> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbo...
>
> b70b65acc41ee40/a448c770ad81a301?q=author:hank+author:the+author:rapper&rnum
>
>>>=10&hl=en#a448c770ad81a301

>>>Conker,

>>>off

>>>The load screens got on my nerves at first but they were few and far
>>>between.
>>>The camera angle wasn't a problem for me because you control it almost
>
> the
>
>>>same way in Mario Sunshine. Now the camera angles in the original Conker
>>>were absolutely dreadful.
>>>onker is the only game I have been playing since it was released. I
>
> played
>
>>>it all the way through twice and the online it is one of the most fun
>>>experiences I have had on LIVE yet.
>>>

>>Hey, how do you kill the massive terd monster? Are you supposed to stand
>>next the the caged area so that he terd balls will break it? Or is he
>>supposed to kill all the terd hands?
>

> There are 3 (B) pads located in the cave where you battle the Mighty Poo.
> Just dodge his turd balls until he starts to sing than step on the (B) and
> throw rolls of toilet paper in his mouth. Start with the (B) pad furthest
> away from the Cave entrance and work your way back to the beginning of the
> cave. You will notice after you hit him with the 1st roll of TP that the
> (B) pad will no longer work. Just make your way to the next one and repeat.
> If I remember correct it take a total of 5 rolls of TP, 6 tops. Once you
> hit him with the final roll of TP he will break the glass on the cage. You
> have to make it to the caged area and finish him off before his poo balls
> finish you off.

thanks, It would have took me awhile to figure that one out (without
checking online).
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 7:35:36 PM

> Boody Bandit wrote:
> > "babanoosh" <snoop@dodgeit.com> wrote in message

http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbo...

b70b65acc41ee40/a448c770ad81a301?q=author:hank+author:the+author:rapper&rnum

> > the

Conker

> > played

> >>Hey, how do you kill the massive terd monster? Are you supposed to stand
> >>next the the caged area so that he terd balls will break it? Or is he
> >>supposed to kill all the terd hands?
> >

> > There are 3 (B) pads located in the cave where you battle the Mighty
Poo.
> > Just dodge his turd balls until he starts to sing than step on the (B)
and
> > throw rolls of toilet paper in his mouth. Start with the (B) pad
furthest
> > away from the Cave entrance and work your way back to the beginning of
the
> > cave. You will notice after you hit him with the 1st roll of TP that
the
> > (B) pad will no longer work. Just make your way to the next one and
repeat.
> > If I remember correct it take a total of 5 rolls of TP, 6 tops. Once
you
> > hit him with the final roll of TP he will break the glass on the cage.
You
> > have to make it to the caged area and finish him off before his poo
balls
> > finish you off.
> >

> thanks, It would have took me awhile to figure that one out (without
> checking online).

I got hung up against the Mighty Poo (can't help but laugh when I write
that) at first. It took me 3 tries before I realized you had to use the B
pads in a certain sequence. LOL! He killed me with one of his shitballs when
I was trying to make my way to the glass room the first time I threw enough
TP at him. I was pissed ;-)
Anonymous
July 14, 2005 9:48:59 PM

Boody Bandit wrote:
> "babanoosh" <snoop@dodgeit.com> wrote in message
>
>>Boody Bandit wrote:
>>
>>>"babanoosh" <snoop@dodgeit.com> wrote in message

> http://groups-beta.google.com/group/alt.games.video.xbo...
>

> b70b65acc41ee40/a448c770ad81a301?q=author:hank+author:the+author:rapper&rnum

> me

>>>the

> Conker

>>>played

>>>There are 3 (B) pads located in the cave where you battle the Mighty
>
> Poo.
>
>>>Just dodge his turd balls until he starts to sing than step on the (B)
>
> and
>
>>>throw rolls of toilet paper in his mouth. Start with the (B) pad
>
> furthest
>
>>>away from the Cave entrance and work your way back to the beginning of
>
> the
>
>>>cave. You will notice after you hit him with the 1st roll of TP that
>
> the
>
>>>(B) pad will no longer work. Just make your way to the next one and
>
> repeat.
>
>>>If I remember correct it take a total of 5 rolls of TP, 6 tops. Once
>
> you
>
>>>hit him with the final roll of TP he will break the glass on the cage.
>
> You
>
>>>have to make it to the caged area and finish him off before his poo
>
> balls
>
>>>finish you off.
>>>

>>thanks, It would have took me awhile to figure that one out (without
>>checking online).
>

> I got hung up against the Mighty Poo (can't help but laugh when I write
> that) at first. It took me 3 tries before I realized you had to use the B
> pads in a certain sequence. LOL! He killed me with one of his shitballs when
> I was trying to make my way to the glass room the first time I threw enough
> TP at him. I was pissed ;-)

yeah, I'm outta tails myself. I kept hanging out next to the glass
window, thinking his poo would break it. Conker's getting stressed. I
think he needs a beer :)
!