Using tweakui to by pass logon.

TweakUI will work on bypassing logon necessity of clicking ok
on my username once but the next log on it drops the check mark in
log on automatically. Is there something in the registry I could
change to cause it to continually bypass log on?

--
charley
4 answers Last reply

    Hi Ivan,

    An alternate way of loggin-on automatically is possible. Type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start/Run
    and uncheck the 'Users must enter...' checkbox. Hit apply and you will be asked to provide your
    username and password. After providing your username and password, click ok and ok your way out.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "ivan" <idjit@wirenet.com> wrote in message
    > TweakUI will work on bypassing logon necessity of clicking ok
    > on my username once but the next log on it drops the check mark in
    > log on automatically. Is there something in the registry I could
    > change to cause it to continually bypass log on?
    >
    > --
    > charley

    charley,

    Do you have the "AutoLogonCount" registry value?
    http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secauthn/security/msgina_dll_features.asp

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "ivan" <idjit@wirenet.com> wrote in message news:393E15E5-F0F8-45CB-BD69-3A56C97090D7@microsoft.com...
    TweakUI will work on bypassing logon necessity of clicking ok
    on my username once but the next log on it drops the check mark in
    log on automatically. Is there something in the registry I could
    change to cause it to continually bypass log on?

    --
    charley

    No There is not an autologoncount listed. the AutoAdminLogon value is 1.

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > charley,
    >
    > Do you have the "AutoLogonCount" registry value?
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secauthn/security/msgina_dll_features.asp
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "ivan" <idjit@wirenet.com> wrote in message news:393E15E5-F0F8-45CB-BD69-3A56C97090D7@microsoft.com...
    > TweakUI will work on bypassing logon necessity of clicking ok
    > on my username once but the next log on it drops the check mark in
    > log on automatically. Is there something in the registry I could
    > change to cause it to continually bypass log on?
    >
    > --
    > charley

    Try again using the Control Userpasswords2 method (see Anando's reply) or using Tweak UI again.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

    > charley,
    >
    > Do you have the "AutoLogonCount" registry value?
    > http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/secauthn/security/msgina_dll_features.asp
    >
    > --
    > Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    > Windows XP Shell/User
    > http://windowsxp.mvps.org
    >

    > "ivan" <idjit@wirenet.com> wrote in message news:393E15E5-F0F8-45CB-BD69-3A56C97090D7@microsoft.com...
    > TweakUI will work on bypassing logon necessity of clicking ok
    > on my username once but the next log on it drops the check mark in
    > log on automatically. Is there something in the registry I could
    > change to cause it to continually bypass log on?
    >
    > --
    > charley

Configuration Microsoft Customization Registry Windows XP