Using tweakui to by pass logon.

December 17, 2004 9:41:06 AM

TweakUI will work on bypassing logon necessity of clicking ok
on my username once but the next log on it drops the check mark in
log on automatically. Is there something in the registry I could
change to cause it to continually bypass log on?

--
charley

More about : tweakui pass logon

Anonymous
December 17, 2004 7:56:10 PM

Hi Ivan,

An alternate way of loggin-on automatically is possible. Type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start/Run
and uncheck the 'Users must enter...' checkbox. Hit apply and you will be asked to provide your
username and password. After providing your username and password, click ok and ok your way out.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"ivan" <idjit@wirenet.com> wrote in message
> TweakUI will work on bypassing logon necessity of clicking ok
> on my username once but the next log on it drops the check mark in
> log on automatically. Is there something in the registry I could
> change to cause it to continually bypass log on?
>
> --
> charley
Anonymous
December 18, 2004 1:04:44 AM

charley,

Do you have the "AutoLogonCount" registry value?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"ivan" <idjit@wirenet.com> wrote in message news:393E15E5-F0F8-45CB-BD69-3A56C97090D7@microsoft.com...
TweakUI will work on bypassing logon necessity of clicking ok
on my username once but the next log on it drops the check mark in
log on automatically. Is there something in the registry I could
change to cause it to continually bypass log on?

--
charley
Related resources
December 18, 2004 11:33:02 AM

No There is not an autologoncount listed. the AutoAdminLogon value is 1.

"Ramesh [MVP]" wrote:

> charley,
>
> Do you have the "AutoLogonCount" registry value?
> http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/libr...
>
> --
> Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
> Windows XP Shell/User
> http://windowsxp.mvps.org
>

> "ivan" <idjit@wirenet.com> wrote in message news:393E15E5-F0F8-45CB-BD69-3A56C97090D7@microsoft.com...
> TweakUI will work on bypassing logon necessity of clicking ok
> on my username once but the next log on it drops the check mark in
> log on automatically. Is there something in the registry I could
> change to cause it to continually bypass log on?
>
> --
> charley

Anonymous
December 19, 2004 1:34:23 PM

Try again using the Control Userpasswords2 method (see Anando's reply) or using Tweak UI again.

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

!