Solved

46-inch monitor

Hello,
I have an NVIDIA 110m graphics card which supports 1600x1200 resolution. I want to buy a 46-inch lcd tv for a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 so I can view blueprints at near full size. Does anyone see any issues with this setup working? The tv is a Philips 3000 series 46" Full HD 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV.
5 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about inch monitor
  1. Best answer
    Threefords1000 said:
    Hello,
    I have an NVIDIA 110m graphics card which supports 1600x1200 resolution. I want to buy a 46-inch lcd tv for a monitor with a resolution of 1920x1080 so I can view blueprints at near full size. Does anyone see any issues with this setup working? The tv is a Philips 3000 series 46" Full HD 1080p 60Hz LCD HDTV.

A few things, i use a 40" 1080p tv so I beleive i can offer some advice. If you plan to use it as a monitor (sitting close) expect eye strain, lots of pixelation, and neck strain from looking around. This is best used when you have a wireless keyboard and mouse and sit a few feet away as I do. However it requires some setting up in font and window size to be worth it. Also having to zoom in quite a bit on some web pages. Otherwise it's pretty enjoyable in my opinion.

Also, be sure your gfx card will actually support a resolution the tv works with since your gfx card doesn't support 1080p from what you mentioned.
  2. Threefords1000 said:
    Hello,

If you want to buy the 46" TV just for the blueprints viewing, then I suggest a 27" 2560x1440 monitor instead. It will be easier on the eyes & really intended to be used as workstation. Plus the higher resolution will even allow you to see in more detail. The graphics card will support it.

I agree with omega. In my opinion, TV's in general must be viewed from afar.
  3. Thanks for the responses but my question is whether or not my computer will be compatible with the resolution of the TV. My desk is 37" deep and I typically lean back in my chair so I'm close to 4' away. And I've been looking down at paper prints for years now that measure up 36"x48".

-JM
  4. Threefords1000 said:
    Thanks for the responses but my question is whether or not my computer will be compatible with the resolution of the TV. My desk is 37" deep and I typically lean back in my chair so I'm close to 4' away. And I've been looking down at paper prints for years now that measure up 36"x48".

-JM

If your gfx card some how does not support it (it should) then you can buy I really cheap modern card card for 20 bucks on newegg that will support up to 2560x1600.
  5. Best answer selected by threefords1000.
Ask a new question

Read More

Nvidia Resolution Monitors Graphics