Unstable temperature!! Help!

Igzz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
I have prescot 3.2 478 that gets crazy temp readings. In one sec the temp is around 40 and another 80. It goes back and forth making big zig zagz on graph of sandra and speedfan. Anyone knows what can be wrong?

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Is it causing your comp to be unstable? I would be taking off my HS/F and cleaning off the old thermal paste and cleaning out all the dust if I were seeing temps like that. Get some Arctic Silver 5 and reapply it to the heatspreader and reseat your heatsink. That might be all that is takes to solve your problem and it sure won't hurt.

Igzz

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2005
It slowes my comp (can see it on sandra mem bandwitdh benchmark) and somthimes just shuting it down. It doesn't metter if it's overclocked or not. My HS is Thermalright SI 120 and it is clean so cooling is not a problem.
So if it is the temp sensor chip, can I fix it somehow or i have to get a new mobo?

Scarchunk

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2006
Intel cpus have an on-die temperature diode so I don't think that it is fixable if that is your problem. Your comp is slowing down because the heat is causing your cpu to throttle. You can download ThrottleWatch to see it in action. Anyways, how long has this been going on? Maybe you knocked you HS loose and your no longer getting good contact with the cpu. I still think that reappling your thermal paste and reseating is a good way to narrow down your problem.

TRENDING THREADS