Coolmax ZP-750B ZP Series Power Supply - 750W, 80 Plus Bronze

Is this a good psu i got it for $59.99 on tigerdirect ?
12 answers Last reply
More about coolmax 750b series power supply 750w bronze
  1. Coolmax PSUs are not good quality and I would not recommend them.
  2. Rugger said:
    Coolmax PSUs are not good quality and I would not recommend them.

what do u recommend then i got it on tigerdirect for 59.99 looking for something on that price ranger n 750 watts
  3. JAYFRESH1271 said:
    what do u recommend then i got it on tigerdirect for 59.99 looking for something on that price ranger n 750 watts

You won't get a good quality 750W PSU for that price.

Do you even need 750W?
  4. This is the cheapest 750W unit that I can find on TD that I would actually recommend: OCZ OCZ-ZS750W ZS Series Power Supply - 750W, 80 Plus Bronze, 135mm Fan, Active PFC, Single +12V Rail $89.99 ($64.99 after MIR)
  5. DJDeCiBeL said:
    You won't get a good quality 750W PSU for that price.

Do you even need 750W?

here is my set up amd fx 8120 8 gig of corsair vengance lp memory, noctua nhd 14, Thermaltake Overseer RX-I Full Tower Gaming, EVGA GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB GDDR5 PCIe, WD Caviar Blue 1TB SATA HD 7200/32MB/SATA-6G, Sony Optiarc 24X DVDRW SATA OEM n i am planning to overclock to at least 4.0 to 4.1
  6. What are your system specs? We can make recommendations for your price, but we need to know your systems specs to make sure we recommend a sufficient PSU.
  7. Yeah, you definitely don't need 750W for that setup.

This will work just fine and is much better than that Coolmax unit: SilverStone ST50F-ES Strider Essential ATX Power Supply - 500W, 80 Plus, 120mm Fan, Active PFC $59.99
  8. A couple of other options:
    1. OCZ ModXstream Pro 500W: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=4362114&CatId=106
    Modular and a great value for the money. Overkill for your system but it's an inexpensive modular option for you. Too much power doesn't hurt...you just don't want to pay extra for power you don't need.
    2. Corsair CX500: http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=422168&CatId=106
  9. BTW, the PSU the DJ recommended is a great little PSU and is the highest quality of the three that we listed.
  10. Rugger said:
    BTW, the PSU the DJ recommended is a great little PSU and is the highest quality of the three that we listed.

thanks alot guys for all the advice is already on the way i will try it if it turns out bad i will get another one i have a microcenter near me they have decent prices too
  11. You're welcome. :)
  12. You're welcome - glad we could help!
Ask a new question

Read More

Power Supplies Components