Cheap Nokia's!!!

Last response: in Brands
Share
May 14, 2004 9:49:09 PM

Hey All!

I was browsing around yesterday and I found this wicked new site!

All the new phones for £20, at first I was wary, but after many emails with
the owners of the site I found that the site was 100% legit!

this really is a great site.

And its just opened!!!!

You have got to check it out!

http://www.purplegifts.co.uk

See ya!

More about : cheap nokia

Anonymous
May 14, 2004 10:34:12 PM

"Danny" <dannywarner@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Hey All!
>
> I was browsing around yesterday and I found this wicked new site!
>
> All the new phones for £20, at first I was wary, but after many emails
with
> the owners of the site I found that the site was 100% legit!
>
> this really is a great site.
>
> And its just opened!!!!
>
> You have got to check it out!
>
> http://www.purplegifts.co.uk
>
> See ya!

do i smell a hint of spam ?
May 15, 2004 12:30:43 AM

On Fri, 14 May 2004 18:34:12 +0100, "Chris 159"
<temp@cdelectrics.freeserve.co.uk> wrote:

>"Danny" <dannywarner@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>> Hey All!
>>
>> I was browsing around yesterday and I found this wicked new site!
>>
>> All the new phones for £20, at first I was wary, but after many emails
>with
>> the owners of the site I found that the site was 100% legit!
>>
>> this really is a great site.
>>
>> And its just opened!!!!
>>
>> You have got to check it out!
>>
>> http://www.purplegifts.co.uk
>>
>> See ya!
>>

>do i smell a hint of spam ?

I think it's there in Monty Python quantities!

--
Cheers

Peter

Remove the INVALID to reply
May 15, 2004 3:47:57 AM

dannywarner@ntlworld.com posted some rubbish

Server Used: [ whois.nic.uk ]

http://www.purplegifts.co.uk = [ 213.171.192.148 ]
Domain Name:
purplegifts.co.uk
Registrant:
Dave Wood
Registrant's Address:
65 Florence Avenue
Sundon Park
Luton
Bedfordshire
LU3 3BZ
GB
Registrant's Agent:
Fasthosts Internet Limited [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
Relevant Dates:
Registered on: 24-Feb-2004
Renewal Date: 24-Feb-2006
Registration Status:
Registered until renewal date.
Name servers listed in order:
dns.fasthosts.co.uk 213.171.192.251
dns1.fasthosts.co.uk 213.171.193.249
WHOIS database last updated at 23: 45: 01 14-May-2004

dannywarner@ntlworld.com
--
E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
watch out for spam trap in header

Free Phone Unlocking
http://unlockme.co.uk

10p a Picture Message/MMS
http://www.mmsit.co.uk/

http://www.davessite.co.uk
Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 4:16:53 PM

Hi there.. I've always wondered how ppl managed to retrieve such
information. Is it simple case of a program or some extensive searching
through some kind of database?

TIA

"ß Ø ® G" <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in message
> dannywarner@ntlworld.com posted some rubbish
>

> Server Used: [ whois.nic.uk ]
>
> http://www.purplegifts.co.uk = [ 213.171.192.148 ]
> Domain Name:
> purplegifts.co.uk
> Registrant:
> Dave Wood
> Registrant's Address:
> 65 Florence Avenue
> Sundon Park
> Luton
> Bedfordshire
> LU3 3BZ
> GB
> Registrant's Agent:
> Fasthosts Internet Limited [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
> Relevant Dates:
> Registered on: 24-Feb-2004
> Renewal Date: 24-Feb-2006
> Registration Status:
> Registered until renewal date.
> Name servers listed in order:
> dns.fasthosts.co.uk 213.171.192.251
> dns1.fasthosts.co.uk 213.171.193.249
> WHOIS database last updated at 23: 45: 01 14-May-2004
>

> dannywarner@ntlworld.com
> --
> E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
> watch out for spam trap in header
>
> Free Phone Unlocking
> http://unlockme.co.uk
>
> 10p a Picture Message/MMS
> http://www.mmsit.co.uk/
>
> http://www.davessite.co.uk
> Trike Power the TRUE Trinity
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 4:45:42 PM

On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:16:53 +0100, fellowscot wrote:

> Hi there.. I've always wondered how ppl managed to retrieve such
> information. Is it simple case of a program or some extensive searching
> through some kind of database?

It's called a 'who is' search:
http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/index.jhtml

e.g. Your ISP:
------------
Registrant:
Virgin Enterprises Limited (VIRGIN3-DOM)
120 campden ill Road
London, London W8 7AR
GB

Domain Name: VIRGIN.NET

Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
Limited, Virgin Enterprises (21853595I) ops@LONDON.VIRGIN.NET
120 Campden Hill Road
London, London W87AR
GB
44 2076646000 fax: 999 999 9999
------------
Microsoft:
------------
Registrant:
Microsoft Corporation (MICROSOFT-DOM)
1 microsoft way
One Microsoft Way
redmond, WA 98052
US

Domain Name: MICROSOFT.COM

Administrative Contact:
MICROSOFT CORPORATION (EPMKOEAUSO) msnhst@MICROSOFT.COM
One Microsoft Way
Redmond, WA 98052
US
425 882 8080 fax: 206 703 264
-------------

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 15, 2004 5:08:55 PM

fast reply....

i was more concerned with the information that was posted about the guys
address... Unless he has this informtion on the site and can be retrieved
somehow.

I was wondering if it was easy to to obtain information like this... I do
know that ISPs do have your details but you can only get those details if
your either the police or with sercurity services.... Or a court order..

Not worried if you can only get my isp but to actually get the address of
your home?

If its really easy to get extensive information like this, its very
worrying.

"michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message
news:p an.2004.05.15.11.45.41.233000@ivetva.arg...
> On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:16:53 +0100, fellowscot wrote:
>
> > Hi there.. I've always wondered how ppl managed to retrieve such
> > information. Is it simple case of a program or some extensive searching
> > through some kind of database?
>
> It's called a 'who is' search:
> http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/index.jhtml
>
> e.g. Your ISP:
> ------------
> Registrant:
> Virgin Enterprises Limited (VIRGIN3-DOM)
> 120 campden ill Road
> London, London W8 7AR
> GB
>
> Domain Name: VIRGIN.NET
>
> Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
> Limited, Virgin Enterprises (21853595I) ops@LONDON.VIRGIN.NET
> 120 Campden Hill Road
> London, London W87AR
> GB
> 44 2076646000 fax: 999 999 9999
> ------------
> Microsoft:
> ------------
> Registrant:
> Microsoft Corporation (MICROSOFT-DOM)
> 1 microsoft way
> One Microsoft Way
> redmond, WA 98052
> US
>
> Domain Name: MICROSOFT.COM
>
> Administrative Contact:
> MICROSOFT CORPORATION (EPMKOEAUSO) msnhst@MICROSOFT.COM
> One Microsoft Way
> Redmond, WA 98052
> US
> 425 882 8080 fax: 206 703 264
> -------------
>
> --
> Michael Turner
> Email (ROT13)
> zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 16, 2004 4:49:52 AM

Well if you register the domain with all your personal details of course it
is going to come up! Simple if you want a bit of privacy then use a Post
Office Box address like I do.

73 de Simon, VK3XEM.

"fellowscot" <spiceyfwc@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> fast reply....
>
> i was more concerned with the information that was posted about the guys
> address... Unless he has this informtion on the site and can be retrieved
> somehow.
>
> I was wondering if it was easy to to obtain information like this... I do
> know that ISPs do have your details but you can only get those details if
> your either the police or with sercurity services.... Or a court order..
>
> Not worried if you can only get my isp but to actually get the address of
> your home?
>
> If its really easy to get extensive information like this, its very
> worrying.
>
> "michael turner" <zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg> wrote in message
> news:p an.2004.05.15.11.45.41.233000@ivetva.arg...
> > On Sat, 15 May 2004 12:16:53 +0100, fellowscot wrote:
> >
> > > Hi there.. I've always wondered how ppl managed to retrieve such
> > > information. Is it simple case of a program or some extensive
searching
> > > through some kind of database?
> >
> > It's called a 'who is' search:
> > http://www.networksolutions.com/en_US/whois/index.jhtml
> >
> > e.g. Your ISP:
> > ------------
> > Registrant:
> > Virgin Enterprises Limited (VIRGIN3-DOM)
> > 120 campden ill Road
> > London, London W8 7AR
> > GB
> >
> > Domain Name: VIRGIN.NET
> >
> > Administrative Contact, Technical Contact:
> > Limited, Virgin Enterprises (21853595I) ops@LONDON.VIRGIN.NET
> > 120 Campden Hill Road
> > London, London W87AR
> > GB
> > 44 2076646000 fax: 999 999 9999
> > ------------
> > Microsoft:
> > ------------
> > Registrant:
> > Microsoft Corporation (MICROSOFT-DOM)
> > 1 microsoft way
> > One Microsoft Way
> > redmond, WA 98052
> > US
> >
> > Domain Name: MICROSOFT.COM
> >
> > Administrative Contact:
> > MICROSOFT CORPORATION (EPMKOEAUSO) msnhst@MICROSOFT.COM
> > One Microsoft Way
> > Redmond, WA 98052
> > US
> > 425 882 8080 fax: 206 703 264
> > -------------
> >
> > --
> > Michael Turner
> > Email (ROT13)
> > zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg

Anonymous
May 16, 2004 5:15:33 AM

On Sat, 15 May 2004 13:08:55 +0100, fellowscot wrote:

> fast reply....

We aim to please.

> i was more concerned with the information that was posted about the guys
> address... Unless he has this informtion on the site and can be retrieved
> somehow.
>
> I was wondering if it was easy to to obtain information like this... I do
> know that ISPs do have your details but you can only get those details if
> your either the police or with sercurity services.... Or a court order..
>
> Not worried if you can only get my isp but to actually get the address of
> your home?
>
> If its really easy to get extensive information like this, its very
> worrying.

Apparently you can go 'ex-directory'. But I wouldn't know the precise
details of this as I've never registered a domain, and I'm not likely to.

Or just do as VK3XEM (aussie radio-ham ?) says, register thru a PO Box
number.

--
Michael Turner

Email (ROT13)

zvxr.gheare1963@ivetva.arg
Anonymous
May 17, 2004 12:02:43 AM

"fellowscot" <spiceyfwc@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Not worried if you can only get my isp but to actually get the address of
> your home?
>
> If its really easy to get extensive information like this, its very
> worrying.

Exactly. I shudder to think of the consequences of say a paedophile with
this knowledge.
Anonymous
May 18, 2004 2:50:08 AM

For people wanting to know how you can get this info...
www.samspade.org is your friend. ;-)
(innit, Borg? ;-)

Cheers,
Chunks

> Hi there.. I've always wondered how ppl managed to retrieve such
> information. Is it simple case of a program or some extensive searching
> through some kind of database?
>
> TIA
>

> "ß Ø ® G" <borg@deadspam.com> wrote in message
> > dannywarner@ntlworld.com posted some rubbish
> >

> > Server Used: [ whois.nic.uk ]
> >
> > http://www.purplegifts.co.uk = [ 213.171.192.148 ]
> > Domain Name:
> > purplegifts.co.uk
> > Registrant:
> > Dave Wood
> > Registrant's Address:
> > 65 Florence Avenue
> > Sundon Park
> > Luton
> > Bedfordshire
> > LU3 3BZ
> > GB
> > Registrant's Agent:
> > Fasthosts Internet Limited [Tag = FASTHOSTS]
> > Relevant Dates:
> > Registered on: 24-Feb-2004
> > Renewal Date: 24-Feb-2006
> > Registration Status:
> > Registered until renewal date.
> > Name servers listed in order:
> > dns.fasthosts.co.uk 213.171.192.251
> > dns1.fasthosts.co.uk 213.171.193.249
> > WHOIS database last updated at 23: 45: 01 14-May-2004
> >

> > dannywarner@ntlworld.com
> > --
> > E-Mail Addy obet(ng)qfy(qbg)cvcrk(qbg)pbz <---Rot13 it
> > watch out for spam trap in header
> >
> > Free Phone Unlocking
> > http://unlockme.co.uk
> >
> > 10p a Picture Message/MMS