Starting on it's own

Why would a computer start on it's own?
2 answers Last reply
More about starting

    Hello!

    Yes it can. It is adjusted in BIOS at starting of the computer. Wake
    up on modem, wake up on lan parameters etc.

    WBR, Tom Frisch
    HideIt! - The best wizard to hide secret files
    http://www.guard-software.com/

    Priscilla you haven't given a lot of information for us to work on but I
    suspect it may be that your pc comes to life when the phone rings. Your PC's
    BIOS has an option that allow the pc to be 'woken' when the phone rings. I
    suggest you check your BIOS and see if this option is enabled. If it is then
    disable it.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert
    "Priscilla C. Addison" <pcaddison@alltel.net> wrote in message
    > Why would a computer start on it's own?

Configuration Computers Microsoft Customization Windows XP