I need power supply Help! Please!

LawL_Vengeance

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012
First, i am looking to upgrade my computer, at some point overhaul it, but over time, due to budgets. I have currently:

Phenom II x6 1055T 2.8Ghz
N68 VS3 ASRock Motherboard
Radeon HD 6670
450W PSU
8GB of RAM (Unspecific)
1TB HDD

And i will be upgrading to:

Intel Core i7-2600K Sandy Bridge
ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA 1155 Intel Z68 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
Gigabyte Geforce GTX 670 2GB
(NEED HELP WITH PSU)

Yea i basically need help finding a decently priced PSU that can be used for gaming, and eventually Overclocking, im just terrible at PSU choice makiing haha. Any recommendations on Power supplies or even my Motherboard would be appreciated. The reviews on the ASUS MOBO isnt what id like it to be but yea, Thanks! in advance

Solution

Yeah, I'm sure on the PSU, that's a GREAT unit and it can handle it.

For the mobo, this is a good Z77 Asus option: ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $179.99

That ASRock board is honestly just as good though. If the "reviews" that you're talking about are on Newegg, they're not very trustworthy or reliable, lol.
A lot of people who post feedback there don't really know as much about computers or technology...

LawL_Vengeance

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

Are you certain that 520W will take the load when overclocked? If so i cant argue with that price haha

EDIT: Thanks for the MOBO but you hve any good ASUS recomendations? Im not liking the reviews on that, then again, some of them are just misunderstood. Thanks again guy!

That PSU won't even break a sweat on your system, overclocked or not.

Seasonic's are arguably the best PSU's You can get. Many other manufacturer's top-of-the-line PSU are actually made by Seasonic. The company is also known for under-rating their PSU.

Yeah, I'm sure on the PSU, that's a GREAT unit and it can handle it.

For the mobo, this is a good Z77 Asus option: ASUS P8Z77-V LGA 1155 Intel Z77 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard $179.99

That ASRock board is honestly just as good though. If the "reviews" that you're talking about are on Newegg, they're not very trustworthy or reliable, lol.
A lot of people who post feedback there don't really know as much about computers or technology as they'd like to think they do, and a lot of the "problems" they have with whatever product it may be are are user created.

Yes, there are some legit issues, but not as many as Newegg feedback would have you believe, in most cases.

Honestly, the same can be said about good feedback there too. Just not very reliable. Legit reviews from a trusted source is the only way to truly know.

Solution

LawL_Vengeance

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2012

Thanks Man, i appreciate the time for this, i will look into the MOBO, but i agree, i sometimes facepalm myself when watching feedback from newegg, but what can you do? haha Like i said though, cant argue with the prce on that PSU so thanks a bunch man!

You're welcome. :)

TRENDING THREADS