Will adding top exhaust fan interfere with the CPU push/pull method?

bingaloman

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2012
Right now I have set up my CPU heatsink fans to the push/pull method with my front and side fans intake, and back fan for exhaust.

I plan on adding an exhaust fan at the top of the case, but im wondering, will this interfere with the fans pushing and pulling air through the heatsink? Like will adding a top exhaust fan cause less air being able to be pushed and pulled through the back causing temps to go little higher?

knightdog56

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2008
Go ahead and install the top fan as exhaust, and switch the side fan to exhaust. You want to try and remove as much warm from inside the case to the outside. Think about it, you have at least two fans pushing cool air into the case but only one removing the warm air out. You want to get that warm air out from the two cpu fans, you do not want to recirculate warm air.

bingaloman

Distinguished
Aug 14, 2012

the 2 cpu fans are pushing then pulling air through the back though, I have a fan in the back exhausting the air that is pulled through the 2 cpu fans

Z1NONLY

Distinguished
I have two exhaust fans over my push/pull 212+. They don't hurt CPU temps. I put them there to pull heat away from the MB and RAM.

I also have two side fans but I use them to push cool air on my two GTX 560's. (Intake).

TRENDING THREADS