ninja0

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
I have a a Mobile Intel Core 2 Duo T7200 in a laptop from HP.

The temps are currently 65 Celsius at 25% load. Is that too hot?

I also have the laptop closed, upside down on my desk while attached to a monitor and peripherals because it gets really hot on my lap.

You can try claening out the air intakes for the fans as they will tend to get cloged with dust. You can also get a laptop cooler;

Cooler Master Notepal X3 Gaming Laptop / Notebook Cooling Pad Up to 17" (200mm Adj. Fan Speed)
$36.99
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16834992913

There are many to choose from and this is but an example of what it is that you can get to help cool the laptop. 65c is a bit high and should be a bit cooler.

ninja0

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
I actually don't know where the fan intakes are, probably because they're so clogged with dust that I don't feel any air movement. I can look into that tommrow.

As for the laptop cooler, it is a good idea but I am about to build a new pc anyway in 5 months or so and I don't really want to buy something that I will only use for a few months.

What would be a good laptop CPU temp?

ninja0

Honorable
Jun 27, 2012
It's shut down like that before. When I do intensive stuff while the laptop isn't connected to the monitor and I'm using it somewhere else on a table.

Also, I didn't mention that the rubber feet fell off the laptop so the ventilation holes are covered when it's flat on a table.

I'll try cleaning out the laptop tommrow. Thanks!