Linksys Wireless G router WRT54G V.5

alkaline84

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011
Hey everyone,

I Have a WRT54G Router made by linksys, I remember about 2 years ago i was able to download the setup wizard for it, i am not sure what happened to the site but cisco site has nothing but firmware updates. People ive talked to before tell me that i should be able to just go into the default config address at 192.168.1.1. But the router doesn't even connect when i setup my modem to the router, I tried setting up through ethernet cables and everything my only Assumption is that i need the setupdisk so my comp would recognize the device, Does anyone have a copy or know where to get a copy of software . Or does anyone know an alternative to resolve situation . THank you everyone!

Solution
by network page you mean the Linksys configuration page?

If so, once you configured the router, connect it back to the modem and reboot your modem.
what kind of internet connection do you have?

disconnect the router from the modem and connect a computer via network cable, on the back of the router is a reset button, press it for 30+ sec and it should reset it to Manufacturer default.

in your browser enter 192.168.1.1 and login using username: admin/ password: admin

alkaline84

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2011

Well im using timewarner and their modems are single port unlike verizon who will give u a dsl modem with built in router. and in answer to your question if i disconect the router from internet i wont have internet access itll just pull up no network page.