Winkey + L ... need to remove

I have a machine that, when it exits from a screensaver, insists of
giving the same screen as Winkey + L does .

How can I remove this annoyance?

Hi,

Right click on the desktop and select properties. Flip to the screensaver tab and uncheck "On
resume, password protect".

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"Tx2" <tx2newscollection@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> I have a machine that, when it exits from a screensaver, insists of
> giving the same screen as Winkey + L does .
>
> How can I remove this annoyance?

In article <#0BNYtH5EHA.3380@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, anando@mvps.org,
a.k.a Anando [MS-MVP] says...
> Hi,
>
> Right click on the desktop and select properties. Flip to the screensaver tab and uncheck "On
> resume, password protect".

Anticipated reply - it is already unchecked.

This is not the "Welcome" screen, where you click the use name to 'log'
back in, this is the "workstation locked" dialogue where you are
informed only an administrator can unlock the machine.

Clicking "OK" on the resulting screen reinstates the desktop as there is
only one user on this machine, and no password set.

Hi,

Do you want to log-in automatically ? If so, follow the steps as outlined below:

To automatically log-on to Windows, type CONTROL USERPASSWORDS2 at Start/Run and press enter. Under
the "User" tab, uncheck the box "Users must enter a username...." and hit apply. Supply the username
and password under which you want your computer to Auto-logon everytime and OK your way out.

--

On Sat, 18 Dec 2004 08:12:03 -0000, Tx2 wrote:

> Anticipated reply - it is already unchecked.
>
> This is not the "Welcome" screen, where you click the use name to 'log'
> back in, this is the "workstation locked" dialogue where you are
> informed only an administrator can unlock the machine.
>
> Clicking "OK" on the resulting screen reinstates the desktop as there is
> only one user on this machine, and no password set.

The return from screensaver logon prompt is disabled? There is a similar
settings in Power Options. May need to uncheck that one as well.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

In article <ufmNDFV5EHA.3828@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>,
sharonfDEL@ETEmvps.org, a.k.a Sharon F says...

> The return from screensaver logon prompt is disabled? There is a similar
> settings in Power Options. May need to uncheck that one as well

Not on my XP there isn't ... but the 'problem' exists on another system,
i'll take a look when i next fire it up.