xtwiinky

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
I have an NZXT Phantom and Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H
My MSI TF4 GTX670 & i5-3750k w. Hyper 212 Evo never hit above 70 and 60 respectively on full stress tests. (1150mhz, and 3.6ghz) Is this high, normal? Its newly built so the thermal paste is fresh.
The case has fan connecters that have 4 pins, the fan slots on the motherboard have 3 pins.

Thanks.

Those temps are normal and nothing to worry about. The thing that you have to remember is that with a full stress test your getting the highest temps that your computer will get and you will haveto get a condition of gameplay and downlaoding a movie plus watching one to try and duplicte a 100% load on the computer and then if you do you will match those temps. So if you can follwo what I said then you'll be ok with knowing that those temps are the highest that you will see.

xtwiinky

Honorable
Jul 29, 2012
Ive read that you need converters cables...
But ive read that you lose the function of controlling the fan speed by losing a pin and having 3 pin... but is it the same in my case because the fans are 3 pin and the mobo is 4 pin........ and my case has a fan controller so I should be able to control them right?