Guild Wars 2 Specs Question.

DuhhDavy

Honorable
May 10, 2012
Hello, community. I kind of need help with my specs, my Computer is horrible and will not run guild wars 2, the fps was really low and laggy. i'm wondering what can i prove on? new graphics, new processor ? something viable so i can at least run this game on high or possible ultra.

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core processor 5200+ 2.70 GHz
Ram: 4.00 GB
Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
Manufacturer: ASUSTek Computer INC.
Model: M2N_MS SE Plus
Chipset: Nvidia
Southbridge: Nvidia
Package: Socket AM2 (940)

I know, my specs are horrible, yea it stresses me out, that i just bought the game for 80, and now i can't play it, because i thought my computer can take it, but the lag tells me wrong. So guys, what can i improve on, that would be viable to play . Improving graphics and improving processor, but what do i get? where do i get it? would anything be right for me, even if i overclocked it?. THANK YOU!

zex95966

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
Guild Wars 2 is in Beta and isn't optimized yet. Once it is, your comp will probably run it fine.

but if you want to upgrade anyways, I recommend getting i5 3450 Ivy Bridge. Same price as an i5 2500 but better.
gtx 550 is sufficient enough as well for a video card, but you can also get a 560 for other games if you play them, as well as making it more future proof.

If you want to stick with AMD, I can't help ya much since AMD is really far behind Intel at the moment.

But again even AMD should work fine since GW2 requirements aren't high, they just aren't optimized yet.

DuhhDavy

Honorable
May 10, 2012

Wow, Thank you! seems affordable! but, would it fit my system correctly? i didn't know you can change AMD to Intel just like that? Lol.

zex95966

Honorable
Apr 30, 2012
I would think so... but nothing is known 100% yet. sorry for the late reply btw.

Oh I thought you might want to change more than just the video card... as I said, I'm not very familiar with AMD so maybe somebody else can fill in a GTX 550-560 equivalent... sorry bout that.