Which soundcard to get.....

I am looking for a soundcard for my turtlebeach DPX21 headset (DPX21 has 5.1/7.1 dolby decoder).My onboard sound chipset doesnt support DDL or DTS ,so no 5.1 dolby surround in games.......My question is what kind of sound card to get pricey ones like the asus essence XT 7.1 and omega claro 2 (btw both are hard to get here in India importing is very costly) or any other cheap card with ddl and dts will suffice??
Any help Appreciated.
5 answers Last reply
More about which soundcard
  1. It pretty much depends on what you want to spend and both of the top brands that you listed have less expensive models that will give you Dolby.

Creative Sound Blaster Recon3D PCIe (70SB135000000) 5.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102041

Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD 24-bit 96KHz PCI Express x1 Interface Sound Card powered by THX TruStudio Pro
    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16829102033

These are a few of the less expensive models that you can look at.
  2. I will NEVER recommend the Recon3D for anything.

Cheapest options are the ASUS Xonar D1/DX and HT Omega Striker. If you are going to use Dolby/DTS, there really isn't any reason to spend any more then the minimum to get DDL support.
  3. My opinion, If you are using a desktop, get the Xonar. If you need this to be a USB sound card (out of expansion room / laptop user) then get the Creative SB1095 usb card.

Happy gaming :)
  4. gamerk316 said:
    I will NEVER recommend the Recon3D for anything.

Cheapest options are the ASUS Xonar D1/DX and HT Omega Striker. If you are going to use Dolby/DTS, there really isn't any reason to spend any more then the minimum to get DDL support.

are ASUS Xonar D1/DX and HT Omega Striker good enough for playing games in 5.1 surround(thru dpx21)??
  5. More then enough. The D1/DX remains one of the best all around cards on the market. You need to have significantly better audio equipment to justify getting anything more expensive, especially when using the digital port.
Ask a new question

Read More

Sound Cards Dolby Components Product