waelt

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2006
Hey guyz ......
Each time im starting the Godfather or NFS mostwanted my pc jams after a while and i cannt do anything else pressing the restart button .....
What is my problem ? RAM ?? VGA ??PowerSupply ? ?

AMD X2 4200+
1 Giga (cheap Rams)
ASUS EN6600GT Pci-e
350w PSU

Thanx....

Your PC could be overheating. Try playing with the side panel off. If the PC doesn't crash then you gotta spend a little money to add a fan to the case or add in an aftermarket video card cooler and/or CPU cooler.

It can also be your cheap RAM. You can use programs that will test your RAM to see if they really are causing problems like the following:

MemTest86

Prime95

General

Distinguished
Apr 5, 2004
Most likely an overheating problem.
Make sure that all the fans are spinning correctly. Remove any dust on the heatsinks. Add another case fan if you deem it necessary.

1Tanker

Splendid
Apr 28, 2006
Hey guyz ......
Each time im starting the Godfather or NFS mostwanted my pc jams after a while and i cannt do anything else pressing the restart button .....
What is my problem ? RAM ?? VGA ??PowerSupply ? ?

AMD X2 4200+
1 Giga (cheap Rams)
ASUS EN6600GT Pci-e
350w PSU

Thanx....
Could be an underpowered PSU. The minimum recommended power supply for a 6600GT is 350w. If yours is of low quality, or failing, then the load that the game is putting on the video card would be overloading the PSU, causing the system to freeze. :)