Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

BF1942 cd key question

Last response: in Video Games
Share
January 15, 2005 4:15:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Just wondering if anyone knows how many instances of the same cd key you can
have. I had BF1942 on my old PC a few years ago and then put it on my
current PC. I lent my game to a friend who went online with it and as I'm
now thinking of getting a new PC I'm wondering if the cd key will work for a
4th time?

More about : bf1942 key question

Anonymous
January 15, 2005 7:40:20 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

Well, the two of you can't play any multiplayer games at the same time.
You'll be banned from any server he's banned from. If he downloads a cheat
that's busted by PB, your cd key will generally worthless for everyone
involved after a global ban.

With any luck, your friend is honest... although I can't imagine the term
honest being associated with someone who uses pirated software... and he
won't get banned, kicked, warned, globally banned for whatever.

As far as reinstalling it on your own system, you can install it as many
times as you like without any fear of having problems.

<ibrox> wrote:

> Just wondering if anyone knows how many instances of the same cd key you
> can have. I had BF1942 on my old PC a few years ago and then put it on my
> current PC. I lent my game to a friend who went online with it and as I'm
> now thinking of getting a new PC I'm wondering if the cd key will work for
> a 4th time?
Anonymous
January 15, 2005 7:18:05 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

wrote
>Just wondering if anyone knows how many instances of the same cd key you can
>have. I had BF1942 on my old PC a few years ago and then put it on my
>current PC. I lent my game to a friend who went online with it and as I'm
>now thinking of getting a new PC I'm wondering if the cd key will work for a
>4th time?

Yes, as long as nobody else is currently using that key online you'll be
fine - hopefully your friend has uninstalled the game otherwise you
might run into problems ;) 

--
[AGB]Villy Vonka
Sheffield, UK
http://www.villyvonka.co.uk
Related resources
January 16, 2005 4:09:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

"JTorres176" <spam@bot.com> wrote in message
news:U81Gd.4308$Ta2.745@fe2.texas.rr.com...
> Well, the two of you can't play any multiplayer games at the same time.
> You'll be banned from any server he's banned from. If he downloads a
> cheat
> that's busted by PB, your cd key will generally worthless for everyone
> involved after a global ban.
>
> With any luck, your friend is honest... although I can't imagine the term
> honest being associated with someone who uses pirated software... and he
> won't get banned, kicked, warned, globally banned for whatever.

he didn't copy the game, he just installed my game, played it online and
uninstalled it because he was getting too much lag
Anonymous
January 16, 2005 10:03:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

You're fine then! :) 

<ibrox> wrote:

>
> "JTorres176" <spam@bot.com> wrote in message
> news:U81Gd.4308$Ta2.745@fe2.texas.rr.com...
>> Well, the two of you can't play any multiplayer games at the same time.
>> You'll be banned from any server he's banned from. If he downloads a
>> cheat
>> that's busted by PB, your cd key will generally worthless for everyone
>> involved after a global ban.
>>
>> With any luck, your friend is honest... although I can't imagine the
>> term honest being associated with someone who uses pirated software...
>> and he won't get banned, kicked, warned, globally banned for whatever.
>
> he didn't copy the game, he just installed my game, played it online and
> uninstalled it because he was getting too much lag
Anonymous
January 21, 2005 1:23:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.battlefield1942 (More info?)

JTorres176 wrote:
> Well, the two of you can't play any multiplayer games at the same time.

But in a multiplayer LAN game, two computers can have the
same key. If you play with three PCs on LAN, the third
PC needs another key (AFAIK - correct me if that is wrong).

Best regards, Dillinger
!