How to change the default file naming from upper case to l..

I am running XP Pro, but I notice that Win2K does the same thing. Whenever I
save a file, attempting to use lower case (web server does not like uppercase
file names), after I get done renaming the files in lower case and copy/paste
them to a new folder, Windows renames them in upper case. This is very
annoying and takes quite a lot of my time. Is there a solution? ... Thanks!
5 answers Last reply
More about change default file naming upper case

    XP doesn't care if it's upper, lower or mixed case.

    How do I convert a file name to lowercase
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBQ/tip8300/rh8379.htm

    How do I convert a file name to lowercase
    http://www.jsiinc.com/SUBB/tip0500/rh0568.htm

    IIS?

    Enabling Network File System Support
    Enabling NFS support so filename case is preserved
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/iis/6/all/proddocs/en-us/gs_nfs.mspx

    --
    Hope this helps. Let us know.
    Wes

    In news:045538AA-C986-4F68-A9F1-D04E759B7532@microsoft.com,
    Brad <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> hunted and pecked:

    "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    | I am running XP Pro, but I notice that Win2K does the same thing. Whenever I
    | save a file, attempting to use lower case (web server does not like uppercase
    | file names), after I get done renaming the files in lower case and copy/paste
    | them to a new folder, Windows renames them in upper case. This is very
    | annoying and takes quite a lot of my time. Is there a solution? ... Thanks!

    Start
    Run
    regedit
    Enter

    Navigate to the following key:
    HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced

    What is the data in the REG_DWORD value DontPrettyPath ?

    the value is (0)

    "a nonymous" wrote:

    > "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > | I am running XP Pro, but I notice that Win2K does the same thing. Whenever I
    > | save a file, attempting to use lower case (web server does not like uppercase
    > | file names), after I get done renaming the files in lower case and copy/paste
    > | them to a new folder, Windows renames them in upper case. This is very
    > | annoying and takes quite a lot of my time. Is there a solution? ... Thanks!
    >
    > Start
    > Run
    > regedit
    > Enter
    >
    > Navigate to the following key:
    > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    >
    > What is the data in the REG_DWORD value DontPrettyPath ?

    | > "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    | > | I am running XP Pro, but I notice that Win2K does the same thing. Whenever I
    | > | save a file, attempting to use lower case (web server does not like uppercase
    | > | file names), after I get done renaming the files in lower case and copy/paste
    | > | them to a new folder, Windows renames them in upper case. This is very
    | > | annoying and takes quite a lot of my time. Is there a solution? ... Thanks!

    | "a nonymous" wrote:
    | > Start
    | > Run
    | > regedit
    | > Enter
    | > Navigate to the following key:
    | > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    | > What is the data in the REG_DWORD value DontPrettyPath ?

    "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    | the value is (0)

    Try a value of 1

    I think that may have done it (at least on the work machine I have, running
    W2K. I'll try same on the home unit. Thanks!

    "a nonymous" wrote:

    > | "a nonymous" wrote:
    > | > Start
    > | > Run
    > | > regedit
    > | > Enter
    > | > Navigate to the following key:
    > | > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Advanced
    > | > What is the data in the REG_DWORD value DontPrettyPath ?
    >
    > "Brad" <Brad@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
    > | the value is (0)
    >

    > Try a value of 1

Configuration Default Cases Customization Windows XP