CyberPower Build

chugot9218

Honorable
Hey all,

I have been looking into getting a new gaming rig and am interested in perhaps purchasing one through CyberPower. I am curious as to what everyone thinks of their builds and how their service/warranty is, as well as the quality of the parts included. I have a desired build that I will post below, If there is anything I would need in addition, do not need, or should upgrade, I would appreciate any advice. I am also curious if this build includes USB 3.0 ports or not, I am not sure where it would say that.

•*BASE_PRICE: [+1155]
•BLUETOOTH: None
•CAS: Azza Hurrican 2000 Full Tower Gaming Case with 4 Hot Swappable HDD Cage & (4) 230MM Fans
•CASUPGRADE: None
•CD: 24X Double Layer Dual Format DVD+-R/+-RW + CD-R/RW Drive (BLACK COLOR)
•CD2: None
•COOLANT: Standard Coolant
•CPU: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Quad-Core 3.60 GHz 10MB Intel Smart Cache LGA2011 (All Venom OC Certified)
•CS_FAN: Default case fans
•ENGRAVING: None
•FA_HDD: None
•FAN: Asetek 510LC Liquid Cooling System 120MM Radiator & Fan (Enhanced Cooling Performance + Extreme Silent at 20dBA) (Single Standard 120MM Fan)
•FLASHMEDIA: INTERNAL 12in1 Flash Media Reader/Writer (BLACK COLOR)
•FREEBIE_CU: FREE! Mass Effect 3 Game [+0]
•GLASSES: None
•HDD: 2TB (2TBx1) SATA-III 6.0Gb/s 64MB Cache 7200RPM HDD [+0] (Single Drive)
•HDD2: 120GB Kingston SSDNOW V200+ SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD - 535MB/s Read & 480MB/s Write [+104] (Single Drive)
•IEEE_CARD: None
•IUSB: Built-in USB 2.0 Ports
•KEYBOARD: Xtreme Gear (Black Color) Multimedia/Internet USB Keyboard
•MEMORY: 8GB (2GBx4) DDR3/2000MHz Quad Channel Memory [+48] (Corsair or Major Brand)
•MONITOR: 24" Widescreen 1920x1080 Asus VS247H-P LCD [+157]
•MONITOR2: None
•MONITOR3: None
•MOTHERBOARD: * (3-Way SLI Support) Gigabyte X79-UD3 Intel X79 Chipset Quad Channel DDR3 ATX Mainboard w/ UEFI DualBIOS, Dolby Home Theater 7.1 Audio, GbLAN, USB3.0, SATA-III RAID, 4 Gen3 PCIe X16, 2 PCIe X1 & 1 PCI [+0]
•MOUSE: XtremeGear Optical USB 3 Buttons Gaming Mouse
•NETWORK: Onboard Gigabit LAN Network
•OVERCLOCK: Pro OC (Performance Overclock 10% or more) [+19]
•POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready
•RUSH: NO; READY TO SHIP IN 10~15 BUSINESS DAYS
•SERVICE: STANDARD WARRANTY: 3-YEAR LIMITED WARRANTY PLUS LIFE-TIME TECHNICAL SUPPORT
•SOUND: HIGH DEFINITION ON-BOARD 7.1 AUDIO
•SPEAKERS: None
•TEMP: None
•TUNING: Intel® Core™ i7-3820 Performance Tuning Protection Plan by Intel [+0]
•TVRC: None
•USB: None
•USBFLASH: None
•USBHD: None
•USBX: None
•VIDEO: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 670 2GB 16X PCIe 3.0 Video Card [+267] (EVGA Superclocked [+10])
•VIDEO2: None
•VIDEO3: None
•WNC: None
•_PRICE: (+1677)
•_view_: {95720322-93FD-4DA7-8464-64F69B96FAEB}
•_load_: 5/11/2012 6:50:22 AM

Again, thanks for any help in advance!

Solution
Regarding your build:

Change the RAM to 4gb x 2; Also, change it to a branded one (hyper X, corsair vengeance...etc).

Add Max default case fans for +9.

I'm not a fan of liquid cooling (i recommend Thermaltake FRIO), but if you must, do not get the crappy free one. Corsair H60 is decent from what i hear. also, get the Push-pull fans on any heatsink cooling.

Change PSU (power supply) to the Corsair 750W or 850W. DO NOT LEAVE IT ON STANDARD! This is the most important change you must make.

This is only for gaming? you don't need an i7 for gaming. go with the i5 3570k its plenty.

I would also recommend not getting the peripherals from CP. go on newegg and sign up for the promo emails. everyday they have promo codes. i have...
"POWERSUPPLY: 800 Watts - Standard Power Supply - SLI/CrossFireX Ready" What brand is it? Model? Quality power supply is the key
other than that it looks good..wow they charge for overclocking too? xD Build you own pc its so exciting

chugot9218

Honorable
Yes, it is labled as their standard power supply, so I was considering upgrading that. This was the one I chose, only 50 bucks more and a 20 dollar instant rebate.

850 Watts - Corsair CMPSU-850TXV2 80 Plus Power Supply - Quad SLI Ready [+0]

chugot9218

Honorable
So I have been seeing pretty mixed reviews of the Cyberpower website, anyone have any stories to share? It seems that the computers received can be pretty hit or miss and it does not seem they have the highest quality of support. The system I have configured almost seems to good to be true at that price.

chugot9218

Honorable
Yes, I am starting to look more into that again. I am a complete novice at computer internals though, will I be able to assemble it all fairly easily and correctly in just a couple of hours? I have yet to actually look into the details behind putting a computer together.

MrPeteH

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2012

That is sometimes true, but certainly not always. It is well worth checking.

For example: I just made my first purchase from CyberPowerPC. I spec'd a system there, and spec'd the exact same thing on NewEgg.

Honestly, I was shocked and do NOT know how CP was able to accomplish this:

NewEgg: $2653.83 including all rebates
CyberPower: $2429.10 including all rebates
DIFFERENCE:
- CyberPowerPC ~$220 cheaper
- CyberPowerPC prebuilt, tested, warrantied

To me, that's an amazing win for CyberPower!

[Corsair 650D case, i7-3930k / GigaByte, 16G, 2x 7200rpm + 2 x SSD drives, CM Hybrid 1050w PSU, etc]

MrPeteH

Distinguished
Jun 8, 2012
A few hints when speccing systems at CP:

- Once you know what you want, try building it from a few different base systems. I saw final prices as much as $200 different for the exact same thing.
- They always have a sale, but some sales are better than others. Again, as much as $200 difference if you can wait and watch the sales
- There's always a discount code. Current nicest code: SPRING0410 gives 5% discount on the entire system

- DO go to the forums, share your proposed build, and get feedback. A great community of experienced people will help you improve your purchase.

Hope that helps a bit!
Pete

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
I purchased from CP. Nothing but good things.

There are a few rules to live by with them:

First and foremost, never get anything labeled "major brand" or "standard". you need to pick the brands you want.

Second, they will not tell you if something is not compatible with something else. for example, on my first rig i had a fan conrtoller installed. however, they didnt inform me that the heatsink was controlled only by the mobo and not the controller and that the "max case fans" were LED fans that cannot have their speed changed. this rendered the fan controller a waste of $24.

mojorisin23

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2012
Regarding your build:

Change the RAM to 4gb x 2; Also, change it to a branded one (hyper X, corsair vengeance...etc).

Add Max default case fans for +9.

I'm not a fan of liquid cooling (i recommend Thermaltake FRIO), but if you must, do not get the crappy free one. Corsair H60 is decent from what i hear. also, get the Push-pull fans on any heatsink cooling.

Change PSU (power supply) to the Corsair 750W or 850W. DO NOT LEAVE IT ON STANDARD! This is the most important change you must make.

This is only for gaming? you don't need an i7 for gaming. go with the i5 3570k its plenty.

I would also recommend not getting the peripherals from CP. go on newegg and sign up for the promo emails. everyday they have promo codes. i have that same monitor and got it for $129.

Lastly, i would change the mobo to a z77. Asrock makes a good one, as well as asus and gigabyte...

Solution