gpedit missing in home edition

Hello.. My friend has pro version of winXP and he has this very usefull *.msc
software "gpedit" on his windows/system32 root. Is there any way to get it to
my home edition?

Hi,

Windows XP home edition does not have the Group Policy editor and its not possible to install it
separately on Windows XP Home.

--

Anando
Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

Folder customizations
http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

Protect your PC!
http://www.microsoft.com/protect

"missingGp" <missingGp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello.. My friend has pro version of winXP and he has this very usefull *.msc
> software "gpedit" on his windows/system32 root. Is there any way to get it to
> my home edition?

gpedit is not available on xp home edition. only xp professional has the
group policy.

--
John Barnett MVP
Associate Expert

As you've learnt already, Group Policy Editor is available only in XP Professional. For XP Home/Pro, this program from Doug Knox, should be useful: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User