gpedit missing in home edition

Hello.. My friend has pro version of winXP and he has this very usefull *.msc
software "gpedit" on his windows/system32 root. Is there any way to get it to
my home edition?
3 answers Last reply
More about gpedit missing home edition

    Hi,

    Windows XP home edition does not have the Group Policy editor and its not possible to install it
    separately on Windows XP Home.

    --

    Anando
    Microsoft MVP- Windows Shell/User

    Folder customizations
    http://newdelhi.sancharnet.in/minku

    Protect your PC!
    http://www.microsoft.com/protect

    "missingGp" <missingGp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hello.. My friend has pro version of winXP and he has this very usefull *.msc
    > software "gpedit" on his windows/system32 root. Is there any way to get it to
    > my home edition?

    gpedit is not available on xp home edition. only xp professional has the
    group policy.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    As you've learnt already, Group Policy Editor is available only in XP Professional. For XP Home/Pro, this program from Doug Knox, should be useful: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/utils/xp_securityconsole.htm

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User