Case with hinged side panels?

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

Are there any cases with hinged panels or a easier way to put on and open the computer.
Thanks for the help in advance :)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Honestly, I haven't seen any hinged designs for several years. Dell used to have such a design and I also recall some old Antecs and server chassis that had hinges.

But, today's cases are actually much better. Having the side panel attached by a hinge would seem more of a hindrance than helpful to most builders/users.

What problem are you trying to solve?

G

The main problem is that its a pain sliding them back on as some how I find it really hard. I want a design like a corsair 650d with the latches to open them. But those ones are really expensive; so are there any cases like that just a lot cheaper?

P.S It may be the pc case I have got now that is hard to take the side panel; probably because it was so cheap.

Thanks for responding though :)

COLGeek

Cybernaut
Understood. Some case designs are easier to open and close than others. Often, cheaper (less expensive) cases can be challenging to open and then close.

Sounds like you want a new case. If so, what are your requirements and budget? I am sure members here can point you to some more user friendly cases.

G

Requirements:
Fits an ATX Motherboard
Bottom mounted power supply
Tool-less HDD/SDD installation
Cool Looking
USB 3.0 Front Header

Budget is less than £75.

Thanks, I also think that is all the requirements I want

G

The Fractal Design Define R3 is very good but it is a bit expensive though. The other isn't that good with cable management as it has no holes apart from the heatsink cut out.
So do you know of any other cases?
But thanks for helping me.

Technoob420

Honorable
Aug 28, 2012
i actually saw a picture of a good rig where the guy drilled out the cable managment holes himself and just put rubber gromets in to protect the cables. Not sure what rig he had but was actually genious to think of doing something like that instead of paying extra just for that

G

The problem is I don't have the tools and the time to do this. I would much rather get one which is already done.

G

Ok so basically I should save up some more money because it will eventually be worth it?

G

I just want to say that I'm going to get the bitfenix shinobi case because it looks awesome with a green led strip. All for £50

blakwidowrsa

Honorable
Aug 10, 2012

...sell 1 kidney for a CoolerMaster Cosmos 1...i did ^^ :love:

G

Nahh, I'm going to get the BitFenix Shinobi when its back in stock because that with green fans and green led strip looks absolutely amazing.

COLGeek

Cybernaut

It is pretty cool looking. Good luck with the build!

Have you ever considered a case with 'latches'?

You may find it much easier latching on side panels than sliding them in. May want to check out the Corsair Vengeance C70. It comes in 3 different colors too (however my favorite is military green).

http://www.corsair.com/us/pc-cases/vengeance-series-gaming-case/vengeance-c70-mid-tower-gaming-case-military-green.html

c70_g_handlesup.png

Status
Not open for further replies.