defaults...

Hi,

Can someone tell me what is the key in the registery that tells windows to
look in your optical drive when installing new windows components ?
How can I default new program installation to a drive other than "C:" ?
1 answer Last reply
More about defaults

    For the 1st question:

    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\SourcePath
    HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Setup\ServicePackSourcePath

    The source paths are set in the above location.

    >>How can I default new program installation to a drive other than "C:" ?

    Some programs (installers) are hard-coded and default to a specific location. Some programs installer look for the ProgramFilesDir

    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion

    Caution: Merely changing the ProgramFilesPath and ProgramFilesDir might affect the already installed programs.

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "Jan" <not@realemail.com> wrote in message news:u1%2313MT5EHA.3336@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    Hi,

    Can someone tell me what is the key in the registery that tells windows to
    look in your optical drive when installing new windows components ?
    How can I default new program installation to a drive other than "C:" ?

Configuration Customization Windows XP