Pentium E2140 and CoD4??

Alpha135

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
I want to ask if my Pentium Dual-Core can handle CoD4. It says minimum P4 2.4GHz or 1.8GHz dual core, but I've seen people max the game out on 1.6GHz (not sure if possible). I've been told it will be playable on low. My other specs are: Gainward GeForce GT240 512MBGDDR3, 2GB DDR2.

PS: IDK if this is the right place to ask, excuse me if it isn't, but no one really answered my question on gaming sites :(

Alpha135

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Dude... It will run on anything better than a 6200. I've seen it maxed out on a GT240...

Hi :)

So why ask if you know more than me ?

I only run Computer shops and build gaming machines...

All the best Brett :)

hairystuff

Distinguished
@Alpha135, it should run fine on your GT240, I've seen it run on GeForce 7 Series graphics cards without any problems, the only weak component is the CPU, but it should be playable. Black OPs on the other hand is a bit more demanding and will struggle on that setup, but MW, MW2 and MW3 should be playable.

Ok a little exaggeration but it will NOT play well...to say the least....

And if you dont like my attitude or OPINION...then I can leave...?

Any time you like, no one is stopping you but yourself.

If you want to BAN me you have the capability....

I wont alter my opinions just because you threaten me...

BAN me or take my opinions at face value...

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008

CoD4 recommended calls for a Dual Core at 1.8GHz but it's not a firm thing, the E2140 should be able to run it fine. As for the video card your GT240 is faster then the one they recommend so you will be fine there as well, you should be able to run it at max or close to it (depending on resolution). This is a rather old game so any average or even low end PC now will run it fine and your PC fits that.

At what point did I threaten you? Somebody's a little paranoid aren't they?

hairystuff

Distinguished

The graphics card is more powerful than the recommended one as stated by Camikazi and should balance out the CPU issue for MW series of games, but I have found that BlackOps is more CPU intensive than the Modern Warfare series, so if you're planning on playing all the CoD series then BlackOps will probably struggle.

Alpha135

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012

Well, I thought the video card would compensate the bad CPU. My resolution is 1024x768.

ish416

Honorable
Jul 5, 2012
I've had COD4 (the first modern warfare title) running perfectly fine on a 3.0Ghz P4 and an Nvidia 7800GT with 2GB ram running at 1280 x 1024 with everything cranked except AA, it was off.

I am confident the OPs system will run the game well with most if not all of the eye candy options turned on with the exception of AA since his specs are significantly better than what my old P4 had.

COD4 was released back in ... 2007 .... wow...

Camikazi

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2008

I did some searching and the Pentium Dual Core series seems to destroy all P4s regardless of the speed so the 2140 should run the game at high without much problem. OP should be fine with his setup to run those games with the exception of Black Ops which calls for much higher CPU requirements.

Alpha135

Honorable
Aug 13, 2012
Well guys, it all went well! Around 3-4 things on low, shadows and specular whateveritwas off, everything else on medium and 4xAA, and it gave me a constant 40FPS, no lag, no FPS drop.