Sign in with
Your question

Which is better nvidia or amd

Last response: in Graphics & Displays
March 8, 2012 6:56:38 PM

Hi i was going to by a new laptop, but there are two of them that i really like. But there is one problem one has NVIDIA GeForce 410M (1GB) dedicated graphics and the other one has AMD Radeon™ HD 6630M (1GB) hybrid graphics with Intel® Wireless Display technology . Not sure which is better, but i am a gamer so i want to know which is better.

More about : nvidia amd

a b U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
March 8, 2012 7:06:02 PM

Not trying to run you down, but if you were a gamer, you would get a Gaming Laptop, or a Desktop. But Please Post the links for both the Laptops. If we can see the rest of the specs and can tell you which is better
m
l
Related resources
March 11, 2012 4:07:28 PM

Well to be honest i'm not much of a fan of asus either. I have never used it before. Can you please tell me is asus good, cuz i need to know how long do they last and all the stuff
m
l
March 11, 2012 4:14:38 PM

asus is a great company but unfortunately not very popular
m
l
March 11, 2012 4:21:09 PM

Why don't you go for DELL ?
It will be much better option for you from VAIO.

As far as I know Dell customization is directly targeted for customization only and are specialized in customizing laptops.If u opt Dell then try to go for Alienware as it will be entirely focusing on gaming.

Asus is also on of the most reliable companies in the world.
m
l
March 11, 2012 9:23:45 PM

I would love to go for the Alienware but i'm a little short on cash. That is why i'm looking for a cheap, strong, long lasting ones. Also able to play without an issue.
m
l
March 11, 2012 9:55:33 PM

Me and my brother both had ASUS laptops, mine was a gaming G73J and he add low midgrade one and we both were very pleased.
m
l
March 18, 2012 12:14:34 AM

So i got only one question which is better NVIDIA or AMD?
m
l
March 18, 2012 1:01:57 AM

Well since you are asking which is better in regards to a laptop... I would have to say AMD. If you were only want to play moderate games (Anything 2010 or prior and new games on low to medium) I would get a laptop with an A8 APU. I saw on in the store today for 545 and the destop graphic on WEI was 6.6 and gaming was 6.8. For a reference I played Skyrim on high with a laptop rated at 7.0, 7.1 (I paid over 1000 for it)

edit- also to add the Laptop was rated for over 6 hours of battery life, I believe it was a Toshiba which is a solid brand overall.
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
March 18, 2012 1:11:56 AM

jjack339 said:
Well since you are asking which is better in regards to a laptop... I would have to say AMD. If you were only want to play moderate games (Anything 2010 or prior and new games on low to medium) I would get a laptop with an A8 APU. I saw on in the store today for 545 and the destop graphic on WEI was 6.6 and gaming was 6.8. For a reference I played Skyrim on high with a laptop rated at 7.0, 7.1 (I paid over 1000 for it)

edit- also to add the Laptop was rated for over 6 hours of battery life, I believe it was a Toshiba which is a solid brand overall.

WEI tells you nothing about your system.
m
l
March 18, 2012 1:52:37 AM

amuffin said:
WEI tells you nothing about your system.

care to elaborate? WEI is not the end all be all, but it does provide a metric to jump each individual sector. Now it does not read how they all work together, well it does a little.... but to say it should be totally discredited I think is too strong.
m
l
March 18, 2012 6:01:18 AM

Give a budget your looking to spend because theres alot of nice gaming laptops on newegg and surely with far better GPU's then what you linked.
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
March 18, 2012 5:11:07 PM

jjack339 said:
care to elaborate? WEI is not the end all be all, but it does provide a metric to jump each individual sector. Now it does not read how they all work together, well it does a little.... but to say it should be totally discredited I think is too strong.

It can blind people, where as someone with a desktop system that is much faster than someone with an entry level laptop will get roughly the same scores. This leads to people saying their mobile gpu's are even comparable to someone with a full on desktop gpu.
m
l
March 18, 2012 6:08:20 PM

Absynthe2k5 said:
Give a budget your looking to spend because theres alot of nice gaming laptops on newegg and surely with far better GPU's then what you linked.

Max would be close to 1000
m
l
April 6, 2012 6:31:24 PM

In my opinion Nvidia because of the following reasons:-
1)Physx is activated.
2)Can go for 3D vision technology
3)Frequently upgrades for the drivers to improve the performance.

These all things are lacking in AMD.
m
l
a c 109 U Graphics card
a b Î Nvidia
a b À AMD
April 7, 2012 6:03:11 AM

aviral said:
In my opinion Nvidia because of the following reasons:-
1)Physx is activated.
2)Can go for 3D vision technology
3)Frequently upgrades for the drivers to improve the performance.

These all things are lacking in AMD.

CUDA actually....
m
l
April 7, 2012 6:48:08 AM

This is what I think about Sony:

- Over-priced
- Low performance internal hardware
- Good looking (used to be)
- Bad software
- Bad customer service

Edit:
I used to love Sony product and own many. Then I got wiser and realized I was being ripped off. Last item I've bought from Sony is the Google TV which is being used as PC monitor now. I would have smashed this TV if my wife wouldn't get mad at me for doing so.

Sorry Sony, I'll tell everyone, stop anyone I can from buying your sorryass product.
m
l
April 7, 2012 7:41:54 AM

Exactly just forgot to add in my comment.Thanks for that.
m
l
!