NZXT 410 or BlackHawk

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
So I narrowed down the two cases. I will either get the NZXT 410 because newegg has a 20% off code. Or I can get the Roswill Blackhawk for 15% off. Any one have the NZXT series? Is it better? With the discounts its only a difference of dollars so either one will be good.

But it looks like the 410 will be able to fit giant cards too.

Solution
Dont worry, both cases will fit the 7970 in - though for that HIS verison, you'll have to remove the top HDD cage to get it in comfortably. (Id advise doing it anyway, to allow the front intake fan to supply it with an uninterrupted flow of air).

It seems the NZXT is the better choice for you.

Gallarian

Distinguished
Both cases have similar dimensions inside, so both should fit whatever youre planning to put in them.

They are also very similar in the features department, both offering removable HDD cages, USB 3.0 ports and cable management capabilities.

The only real difference I can see is on the cooling front - The NZXT comes with 3 fans installed, but the Phanton comes with 5. However, the former also comes with a fan controller - a nice touch.

Overall, Id probably go with the NZXT, I just prefer it.

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Yeh I was considering the blackhawk once I saw the coupon code and today I saw the NZXT and started checking it out. My mobo does not have a usb 3.0 header so either way I would leave that unconnected.

My psu is non modular and it looks like the NZXT would help more. I'm considering a HIS 7970 ICeQ gpu and that thing is huge so I would want to pick the new case first.

Gallarian

Distinguished
Dont worry, both cases will fit the 7970 in - though for that HIS verison, you'll have to remove the top HDD cage to get it in comfortably. (Id advise doing it anyway, to allow the front intake fan to supply it with an uninterrupted flow of air).

It seems the NZXT is the better choice for you.

Solution

selayan

Distinguished
Sep 3, 2008
Yeh I think I will go ahead and get that case regardless of the 670 or the 7970. Just right now the 7970 seems too good of a deal to pass up. Yet if I wait for a deal on a Evga 670 ftw, I may never get it or the case will then shoot up price lol.

TRENDING THREADS