Questions about case fans? (HAF 932)

evilcannon

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011
My Radeon 7950's fan gets a little loud, so I wanted to get some case fans to help keep it cooler and prevent the fan from getting too high. I have a HAF 932 case and am mainly wondering if these fans will work:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=35-150-007&SortField=1&SummaryType=0&Pagesize=100&PurchaseMark=&SelectedRating=-1&VideoOnlyMark=False&VendorMark=&IsFeedbackTab=true&Keywords=%28keywords%29&Page=1#scrollFullInfo

I would buy about 3-4 of them, would that do anything? The card's temps aren't terrible, but once the fans on it reach about 55% its gets annoying, so I figured having these would make less noise that my GPU Fan. I am also not sure if these will even fit, most of the screw holes for additional fan's are pretty big... does anyone know if these fans will work out?

evilcannon

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

I did. On auto fan speed it reaches about 60% fan speed while under load, at idle it is like completely quiet, but when playing games it gets too high. I tried adjusting the fan speed to where it isn't making noise, but then the temperatures get too high(80c+).

evilcannon

Distinguished
Nov 21, 2011

So you're saying that having all of the fans on the haf 932 is as good as it's going to get?

InvalidError

Titan

Unless you want to start making fan duct or other special arrangements inside your PC, pretty much.

Installing all available intake fans ensures there is plenty of fresh air around the GPU. If your GPU has a ducted HSF with rear exhaust, the slight positive pressure will also help the GPU fan blow hot air out the back and prevent hot air re-ingestion.

One somewhat counter-intuitive option is disconnecting the top 140-200mm fan, taping the hole shut and only using the rear 120mm fan to cool the CPU area. This may force air to do more cooling work before getting out depending on case layout and intake flow rate.