Sign in with
Your question
Solved

Really Freaking out right now Help Please

Tags:
Last response: in CPUs
Anonymous
August 28, 2012 10:49:10 PM

Hello everyone I just bought a system not to long ago my Intel i5 3570k with G1 Sniper m3 motherboard & I have been getting heat problems with stock heatsink that came with it temps was getting at 69 when gaming on battlefield 3!!!!! I come across todayy when I got new internet service I look at my pc & messed with heatsink one of them was not snapped in all the way for some reason is this good or bad on my cpu right now??? I have been running the cpu for bout over a week now... Will I be ok or whatt?

More about : freaking

August 28, 2012 10:57:08 PM

Anonymous said:
Hello everyone I just bought a system not to long ago my Intel i5 3570k with G1 Sniper m3 motherboard & I have been getting heat problems with stock heatsink that came with it temps was getting at 69 when gaming on battlefield 3!!!!! I come across todayy when I got new internet service I look at my pc & messed with heatsink one of them was not snapped in all the way for some reason is this good or bad on my cpu right now??? I have been running the cpu for bout over a week now... Will I be ok or whatt?

the exact same thing happened to me and my went all the way up to 100 c. youll be fine just the heatsink out and put it back it to make sure all the pins are down and snapped. if one isnt snapped then the heatsink isnt making enough contact causing high temperatures
m
l
Anonymous
August 28, 2012 11:03:51 PM

oh ya dang that Crazy & its still working todayy?? & I got it back in now temps are way under 49c.. It not bad or anything on the cpu for that happening??
m
l
Related resources

Best solution

August 29, 2012 2:33:41 AM

yea it still works now its at 25 C idle and ive never seen it go over 40 C since i but the cpu cooler on right i dont thinks it bad but im not sure. glad to know it worked =)
August 29, 2012 5:36:59 AM

I did the same thing my first build. I was going to suggest cleaning off the old TIM and putting some new stuff on there but it looks like its going ok
m
l
a c 186 à CPUs
August 29, 2012 5:39:39 AM

Read the 2 guides in my sig.
m
l
Anonymous
August 30, 2012 8:15:56 PM

Ya that good thanks for the heads up I hope my cpu is alright I didnt know if it burn it or anything like that when heatsink was not snapped in on one pin there thanks again
m
l
Anonymous
August 30, 2012 8:18:21 PM

Best answer selected by Raildawg.
m
l
!