A fan for the side of the tower

MeisterMuSk

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
First of all, im very sorry if i put this thread the wrong place. I tried to figure out where to put but i think I've failed. So if its totally annoying, please tell me so and i will move it :)

Im thinking about making a plexiglass side to my tower (I know, but I just feel like it), and I was thinking about placing a fan at the center of the glass.

My questions is: Can anyone recommend a specific fan for the purpose? I was thinking about something with a blue LED light in it, just for the heck of it and less noisy.

My tower is a full alu tower, so it is pretty huge and heavy for that matter.

I know that my questions above isnt a very serious one, but I hope you can help me.

Happy weekend all, Michael.

Hello,

If you plan on doing that. I would reccomend getting the biggest fan you can get. Something in the range of 140mm in size. The bigger ones run slower, however push more air and are quieter.

Also - depending on the color of your case - you also might want to have matching hues/colors.

Look for FDB (fluid dynamic bearing) fans - they are higher quality, and last longer.

Something like this:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16835553003

Just linked that for an example.

MeisterMuSk

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Thank you for your response. I will post pictures when I am getting started - just need to figure out the basic dimensions first :)

I was actually thinking about a fan like this:
http://www.edbpriser.dk/blaeser-og-...nnemsigtig-blaa-soelv-uv-blaa-id-4308749.aspx

But what you said actually kinda made me reconsider, about getting a 140 instead.

Here is what my case looks like (a 3TB HD has been added seconds ago, so not in the pic:))

I know, not the best picture but just to give you an idea. So im a little worried about increasing the size too much.

Hey no problem.

BTW I hope you mounted your SSD properly :p, and I think you can do better with your cable management ;)

Just remember - get a FDB fan, longer lasting..etc. Might be more expensive, however worth it.

MeisterMuSk

Distinguished
Feb 2, 2012
Hehe, there i made two holes in the bottom of the tower and screwed it in. Tought i would be cool to place it there when i get the plexiglass in ;) You have any good idea to how to deal with the cablemess? First time im doing a computer mod.

Hmm the cable mess...well, it really just takes an eye to look at your cables, and some elbow grease.

Although - I would leave that until you get your plexiglass - you don't want your innards looking like that once you get a see through window :D