Closed Solved

What graphics card should I get?

I am really close, maybe 5 days from buying and will be making a custom PC.

I'm right on budget with this setup:

HAF X Blue Edition
Seagate Barracuda 2TB
16GB 1600MHz RAM
My Motherboard is a ASUS P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 LGA 1155: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813131790
PSU is 1000w
With a i5 2550k processor.

My question is what graphics car do I get, if I want to play games like GTA 5, BF3, just modern games at 1920x1080 with ULTRA settings. Complete ultra. I'm in the $250 - $600 range, and I wan't something that is efficient. I don't car if it sounds like a train, just the card MUST live for 12 months. I would LIKE a single card, and to Crossfire in the future. But not %100 neccesary.
10 answers Last reply Best Answer
More about what graphics card
  1. wait until 19th this month then the 7870 will be out, its a great card for the price. or if you dont want to wait grab a sapphire 7950 OC, it has a great cooler runs very cool and quiet and should OC very well.
  2. thats a good idea... maybe il just grab a 7970...
  3. ya if you got 600$ dont bother with the 7950 get the 70
  4. Best answer
    yeah well if you dont care about the money at all and just want performance then just grab the 7970 :)
  5. OK. I'm going with the 7970 MSI or XFX. Any tips to persuade my dad to spot me some $? :P
  6. if i were you i would get the DirectCU II version, should run the coolest and OC very well :)
  7. Derbixrace said:
    if i were you i would get the DirectCU II version, should run the coolest and OC very well :)

If I were you I would be awesome enough to give me a link to this "DirectCU II" magic wonders you talketh abouteth. No seriously could you explain please?
  8. Best answer selected by ttg_avenged.
  9. ttg_Avenged said:
    If I were you I would be awesome enough to give me a link to this "DirectCU II" magic wonders you talketh abouteth. No seriously could you explain please?

sorry, heres a link. its out of stock right now though http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121499
  10. This topic has been closed by Maziar
Ask a new question

Read More

Graphics Cards Graphics Product